Elite Direto riser block?

Do any of you have advice on a riser block to use with the Elite Direto in order to keep the front wheel perfectly level with the rear axle? When I bought my Direto (about a year and a half ago, when it first came out), I specifically purchased an Elite riser block with it, but it is waaaaaaaay too high. Since then I’ve been using a Cyclops riser block that is much lower, but even that still raises the front wheel slightly. Due to the design of my saddle, this position results in extra pressure from my groin on the nose of the saddle, causing numbness. So I’m trying to find a riser block that has minimal rise. (I’ve tried putting a piece of wood under my front tire, but dislike how much the handlebars move around when not cupped in a riser block.)

Thanks for any recommendations!
Adam

I use a paperback book :slight_smile: it puts the front wheel a little higher than the rear to shift some of the weight off my hands (simulating wind pressure).

Book gets placed under the trainer mat so the tire can dig into the foam and not twist.

I use this with my fluid or my kickr, multiple height options.
KK riser block

I’ve also used an electrical engineering textbook because F that subject.

2 Likes

Is it possible to contact elite about sending you the same block that comes with the new direto if you state the other block is too high? That one seems level for me.

Tried a section of plywood under the trainer to raise it slightly?

elite sell the new “travel block” specially built for direto Shopelite-it.com

I use this https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Riser-Front-Wheel-Block/dp/B00ZX6CPIG with no problems

Get a bit of wood the correct thickness. It means you can turn the bars which can help with preventing soreness during longer sessions.

Mike

@jacknipper Thanks! I had seen the one you linked to on Amazon, but wasn’t sure it would work.

@themagicspanner That’s what I’m using right now, but I find the fact that the handlebars can flop around a bit unsettling. Maybe I just need to get used to it…

That’s absolutely hilarious. Made me laugh out loud. And I even have an EE textbook!

Uh yeah, two bits of 10mm ply with some 2mm rubber on top. Done.

Not sure if it helps but I adjust my saddle angle by 4 degrees when on the turbo and using a riser block.
That stops a chafing experience that does not occur on the road or after the angle change.