Early morning weekend rides....3a to 6a

The past couple of weeks I’ve done my weekend long rides starting super early in the morning. I love riding this time of day although nobody else does! Ha! But I just wanted to give a shout out to early morning rides & encourage everyone to give them a try. Here are some of the reasons I love them:

1.) NO CARS! Well, maybe not absolutely no cars but very, very few. Interactions with motorists are reduced by 90% at least & when you do encounter a car…they see you. In fact, they almost can’t stop looking at you.
2.) NO TRAFFIC LIGHTS! At least in my area the lights are off during that time. Blinking yellow in the prevailing direction of (no) traffic. So you can plan a route through the city and never stop if you’re clever about it.
3.) No wind. Or at least very little wind. This is the least windy time of day.
4.) During the summer, it’s also the coolest time of day. So if you want to beat the heat this is one of the best ways to do it.
5.) You can get a hundo in & still catch Saturday morning cartoons. Or the game. Or whatever else you want to do on a normal weekend day.

2 Likes

I did a few of those riding back from the pub :joy:
They are quite nice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The rising sun lighting the sky’s and the slight mist over the field and streams.
Numb legs from the alcohol so no pain going full gass :leg::fire:

1 Like

This is my time. I love getting out early. Rolling home as the sun rises. Getting the ride in and feeling great is a fine way to start the day. My last job I started work at 6am. I’d get 60-90minutes in before work.

Im all about efficiency in the morning. I can be on the road or on the trainer within 5 minutes of my alarm going off. I use an app called Alarmy which has a number of options to force you awake and out of bed. Kit hanging on the handlebar. Snacks in the pocket. Bottles filled. My work bag and lunch bag packed and ready to go.

I used to live in a large city. It was so nice to be out there before it gets busy.

I love having the whole day ahead of me too.

The only downside is that I am in bed by 9pm. Ha.

Ive always wanted to hear out super early - but don’t feel as safe ont he roads at that time -even with front and rear lights.
Saw these the other day and thought they could be useful for such situations: