Dylan Johnson's "The Problem with TrainerRoad Training Plans": it's gonna be a busy day around here

Hey All,
Doesn’t it seem weird having to tinker this much with plans to make them sustainable (“ Knock 5% off the intensity of the VO2/Super threshold work or try easier versions - I do this all the time”)?

Maybe I’ve been reading a bit too much of the Dylan Johnson thread, but I’m in the exact same situation. I’ve trained with structure and indoors for ~5 years (310 FTP) to race things like Liege, Amstel Gold, La Mormontte and others while working 80-90 hr weeks and since switching to TR August last year I’ve been in the same patter of completing 3-4 weeks, burning out, taking some easy time and then trying to restart with some type of tinkering.

I absolutely love the app and interface, the forum and the podcast but I’m starting to doubt if the approach approach is for me and thinking if I should switch back to some of the other platforms I’ve used (eg Sufferfest which got me super fit).

As some of the others, I don’t think this answers the original question but also wanted to share :grinning:

Cheers