Difference in device audio with Wahoo Elemnt Bolt gen 1 vs Elemnt Bolt 2?

My gen 1 Elemnt Bolt was recently replaced under warranty by Wahoo due to an overheating issue. Wahoo sent me an Elemnt Bolt 2, which was a pleasant surprise. What I noticed upon first use was that the audio/sound coming from the unit was VERY different than my prior Bolt. I’m wondering if anyone else who has upgraded from the original to the 2 has noticed this or if the unit they sent me has a defect in the audio.

The sound coming from my original unit was clear and crisp, whereas the sound coming from my new unit sounds tinny and almost static-y. The best way I can describe it is that it sounds like when the audio or batteries are failing on an electronic device (that sort of warped, dying electronic sound). Without another Bolt 2 to compare to, I don’t know if this is an actual product defect or if that’s how it’s supposed to sound.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you might have on this! Figured I would crowdsource info from the TR community before contacting Wahoo to ask about this.

My Bolt 2 sounds exactly like my Bolt 1 did.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Looks like I’ll have to contact Wahoo and ask about replacing the replacement…

I’m pretty sure mine sound different. I just had my V2 warrantied and had to use my old V1 for a couple days and that’s one thing I noticed.

Another thing I noticed was I like the V1 buttons a little better.

And even more off topic I’m almost positive there is something different about the display on my new V2 vs the old one. Almost like it is sharper. No way to confirm that now though.