So, I am not N+1ing in this bike sales climate. I can wait till next year when the used market is nice and soft. That said, I have been making my Felt f80 a lot nicer. I already swapped the triple out for a modern 2x setup, replaced all the touch points and swapped over to 28c tires (HUGE difference). Now, I would really like to get some nicer wheels.
- Rim brakes, but any future bikes will probably be disk so I am not going to go crazy.
- 9 speed group set. This sure limits my hub options… Dont really want to change out my controls to 10 or 11 speed. Shifters are expensive and I live in the flats so the extra gears buy me almost nothing.
- This bike is likely to get downgraded to trainer bike whenever the bike market gets less dumb so again, not buying long term investment priced wheels
- I live in the flattest of flatlands so aero over weight.
- The 28s I have on now are as big as I can go. I actually have to let all the air out to get them past the brakes so I am really at the very edge size wise. 25s would be okay but i would rather stay as big as possible cause our roads are crap.