Cycleops hammer h1 noise level

Looking at grabbing a cycleops h1 from clever training so I can stop using the spin bikes at the gym for tr. Anyone have one and live in an apartment? I have a family right below me and am curious if this will be too loud. Thanks.

I don’t think it’s that loud but you can definitely hear mine in our apartment unit. I’ve never heard any complaints from our neighbors downstairs. How much will you able to get the h1?

1 Like

Around 550

1 Like

I got mine for $500 barely used, yours should be an okay price for it. One thing about the h1 is the noise of the hub when you coast, I don’t have a video but that’s more noticeable than when you’re riding it. I think GPllama has a video about it with a new grease and stock grease.

1 Like
2 Likes

Thank you! Really need to do this soon :joy:

2 Likes

Just done my Hammer after watching Lama’s video. Wow! So much quieter.

2 Likes

Quieter while spinning too or just while freewheeling?

Do you have the h1? If so, were you able to remove the free hub?

Edit: Removed the end cap and the freehub won’t budge

Yep, H1. I just took the skewer out, unscrewed the end nut and slid the entire cassette and free hub off. Slapped on some grease and reassembled it. Job done.

1 Like

What grease did you use? Mine barely did anything though the grease I used is old and was left open

Really happy with mine and noise isn’t an issue.

2 Likes

Bog standard grease.

1 Like

Ah I see, I might need to apply more or try another grease or maybe something’s wrong with my freehub :joy: Thanks!