I tried creating a custom plan - really, no bells or whistles, just give a bunch of endurance, sweet spot, and Vo2max. And no matter what I set as an input, the tool generates plans full of over-unders, no matter what i do.
How do i change it? Is there any way to exclude this type of workout?
I also think there needs to be more variety tbh. I know boring training is effective training but a bit of spice or uncertainty about what’s on the cards 5days in advance might be a bit cool
yes, of course! My intent is to create a plan with lots of endurance, and a bit of VO2 max - sounds easy enough, right? The only meaningful input plan builder accepts is “customize by zone” config on “Approach” page. But no mater what I put there, the result is always the same: a plan with over-unders, which is the worst type of a workout to suggest, in my book.
You can swap those workouts out with something else from the select AI workouts, zone, type, etc. Delete what you have and put in something that you want.
I am playing around with setting my own “plan” this year but using the TR workouts.
I think this was one of the best features added in the update last year and no one has really focused on it with the AIFTP estimate, AI block, etc.
yes of course, but If I am swapping workouts to a different type, it means I am manually creating my training plan - i have to pick the type of workout, figure out progression, recovery, etc…which means plan builder failed, which (for me) was the reason to restore my subscription to begin with.
You could also use the standard plan builder and swap the workout you don’t want. Change just the over unders to threshold intervals. Or whatever type of workout you want: hard starts, ramps, bursts, suprathreshold, etc.
Can make it as involved or uninvolved as you want.
“I havewant to pick the workout” if you want a very specific plan, not the plan laid out by your coach (TR), you will have to give it just a bit of effort to tell the coach you’d like to swap the workout from O/U to vo2 - pretty easy to change on the upcoming schedule litteraly takes 4 seconds to ‘edit’ selected workout type ‘vo2 max’ … do that for all in the upcoming AI dark window. Less than 1minute
Otherwise, follow the TR Plan, try new workouts, do hard O/U workouts that are hard, get faster or more durable or more tough. Do vo2max when called for very soon when it is in plan
that’s exactly what I would love to do - find a way to tell the coach what i want. Right now all suggestions are “ignore the coach, just do your thing, very easy”.
maybe that’s what i need? I added the plan to my calendar, and changed the first O/U to V02m. I see the tool refreshed something after it, but follow-up workouts stayed as O/U. Am i missing a step here?
Over unders are pretty much threshold in TR - unless they are very skewed to the overs. I think most of the O/U’s are 8-12 minutes long and are neither too high over threshold or too far below.There are some O/U’S listed as VO2 max but I don’t recall ever having thise workouts in any of my plans.