While we are seeing a return of local rides and races in some areas, Nationals draw a large number of people from around the country. When combined with the challenges of obtaining local permissions and permits, having to heavily modify event formats, and facing financial concerns within both our organization and local organizing committees, we have had to make the very difficult decision to cancel the following events for 2020:
USA Cycling Pro Road National Championships
USA Cycling Amateur Road National Championships
USA Cycling Masters Road National Championships
USA Cycling Gran Fondo National Championships
USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships
USA Cycling Elite and Junior Track National Championships
Hi Guys just read this. I know a few people @Jonathan were still hoping to ride this year. if its been posted then can delete.
I am surprised that AUS are still going ahead with Masters Nationals in October in the state which is recording a second spike. I won’t be going, change tact to 2021. 11 months to train.
To be fair, even Victorians won’t be able to get into South Australia in October at this rate (I’m pretty sure their borders are closed to us at the moment).
I guess it’s time to learn how to race enduro. Road could be dead for a long time. Mass start XCO/XCM, catatonic. Kanza, Leadville, Cape Epic, doesn’t look good.
Here in Aus my 2020 A race was pushed to September (with the option of transferring to May 2021, which is what I did), and now both Sep '20 and May '21 have been cancelled.