Chad's Departure

And the first to get it…doesn’t need staff to run anything.

Its truly terrifying when you start thinking of all of it

1 Like

you’re not gonna convince me that’s a good thing lol

1 Like
  • This is OT, but that is not what TrainNow is meant to do. It is essentially a “workout picker” for people not following any plan, or potentially getting a decent recommendation for adding a workout in the context of someone on a plan.

• The key aspects of TN are that it makes it’s recommendations based on the immediate training history (last week or so) and is NOT aimed at longer term projection. TN is not a plan replacement and will not apply recovery week approaches. TN is what it is, and is not what it’s not. TR does not market it in the way you imply.

• Using one of the actual TR plans along with Adaptive training is more what you are really talking about.

14 Likes

Well said @mcneese.chad

Oh, I just realized you’ve now been promoted to…Chad

26 Likes

that ship has sailed, I do my own thing now lol

2 Likes

Agree. that once you have an AI running things few employees needed.
I’m just more skeptical that it’s as close as some people envision. But I’m skeptical by nature.

I’ve done self coached in the vain of getting out an riding a few times a week as a “plan”, followed purchases training peaks plans, followed TR plans, and now a coach for awhile. The human coach is by far the best at factoring in my current emotional/mental along with physical into a training plan.

3 Likes

I know enough people in law firms that are already gushing about how many of their support staff they can axe since much of the writing can be automated…

Its going to be a huge reckoning. But if you’re mgmt and have shares, this is the best time for you.

This is whats truly missing

But really, any AI driven workout software I’ve seen hasn’t really put both the stress-adaptation model in full practice; recover - (all stresses + all training).

Def agree the “all stresses part” are where the human / coach factor can come in. But thats a huge, huge change from the traditional view of a coach having all the knowledge that you learn from.

In my own training, I have to balance AI suggestions with how I’m lifting and my emotional state and dieting. But its the realization that all of this could be brought together into one system that is both super fascinating but also truly terrifying.

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson would be nothing w/o Chad. It needs to be said.

22 Likes

Yeah – this thread got way, way OT.

“It was not a voluntary departure” and we’re not sharing what it is.

Not the best thought out press release.

27 Likes

All we know is from the podcast intro where Nate said that Chad left the company and it was not “voluntary”.

1 Like

Chad has been a great forum moderator. sad to see him go

32 Likes

well one thing is for sure: they managed to ruin his reputation and started a wild rumor circle across this forum and reddit by not staying silent while also not being transparent.

Corporate Comms Basics:
*Legal case and you can’t give details - don’t talk about it until asked, then deny comments until legal documents are public and give an official, well crafted statement by head of comms
*Other reasons: be 100% transparent, if that’s not wished for see above and don’t talk about it until asked, if asked deflect and say you will update everyone soon

“Chad left TR not voluntarily” is like saying “We fired him and shits going down here, the house is on fire but we won’t admit it”

38 Likes

Who know’s whats happened to cause this, but that would be how it appears?

Different Chad.

Chad McNeese is the moderator, Chad Timmerman is the former TR coach.

6 Likes

Well, I think you misunderstand the situation.

• Chad Timmerman (TR’s former head coach) is gone.

• I [Chad McNeese] am still here as a TR user, forum member & moderator (NOT a TR employee).

37 Likes

Could be a few things and not speculating or adding to the rumor mill. Could be a competing job offer (in that case, almost always immediate termination when accepting new offer) and/or explicit termination or being ‘laid off’. I had to leave immediately (next day) after taking the offer from a competing company in the space I used to be in.

4 Likes

Sad to see Chad go. Guess they haven’t turned off his forums access yet though? Seems like a bad business move to give a former employee access to forum moderation tools

1 Like

And all around stand up guy :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Is it like saying that? This is pure conjecture. Chad leaving TR is definitely sad but we don’t know the circumstances of the departure.

Chad is definitely a huge part of TR’s history and I can understand people’s disappointment that he is gone. But he could have left for a number of reasons, many of them not nefarious, such as this:

So I don’t understand the need to be critical of the current TR team until we know more details surrounding this, which may be never.

19 Likes