Can Anyone Recommend Plant Based Nutrition Brands?

Can anyone recommend any good vegan/plant based nutrition brands? Im aware of CLIF bars but was wondering if people can recommend some more!

What sort of stuff are you looking for? I use tailwind drink mix, Cliffords bloks, and some plant based protein powder from Costco. This covers all my needs.

2 Likes

Anything sugar based like gels, sweets I use SIS gels or just some vegan gummy worms at the moment.

Also flapjacks for longer rides - I use to use Chai Charge flapjacks which was carbohydrate and calorie dense so perfect for the 40/50 miles onwards rides. However, their bars all contain honey so sadly had to led them go a few months ago and then moved to CLIF. I enjoy my current nutrition routine but just fancy some other brands to keep it interesting.

1 Like

I hadn’t heard of those flapjacks. Looks like they’re just a UK thing. For longer rides I bring along some fig newton type cookies, not sure what the brand is. And then for really long rides I like to bring a burrito or two.

Honey does make it tricky for lots of bars and gels that would be otherwise okay. IDK, I’m curious to see what other people use!

1 Like

These guys sponsor one of my local teams and it seemed to work good for me when I tried it. https://upshiftnutrition.co.uk/

2 Likes

just note the Reset product isnt vegan, while the others are.

1 Like

I’ve used these products for years (on and off the bike) www.myvega.com
Also fig bars, Lara bars and maple syrup gels. I recently found some waffles at Costco that are made with syrup instead of honey and don’t crumble in my jersey!

2 Likes

I miss these, haven’t been able to find them in Norway and had to swap to Nakd bars (which are fine, but Lara bars are better).

Bananas.

Form Nutrition

2 Likes

I’ve made Lara bars using recipes I found online, pretty ez if you have a good food processor

1 Like

Lara bars look proper delicious and nutritious! if you could send through the recipe id greatly appreciate it! would save me some potential cash further down the line

I made the cheery pie and cashew cookie. They tasted like the real thing

2 Likes

Bulkpowders has a lot of vegan stuff.

1 Like

Thank you so much! i’ll definitely try out your recommendation :star_struck:

1 Like

Not all of their other products are vegan, but Huma energy gels are. I absolutely love these. Very simple ingredient list, and they taste WAY more natural than any other “synthetic” tasting gels I have tried:

2 Likes

I ordered these the start of lock down and now we’re entering a second I’ve ordered them again :neutral_face:

2 Likes

To those of you making your own bars, how do you pack them for carrying during a ride?

I always struggle to pack things so that they can be eaten without stopping, stop them crumbling in the pocket and not use single use plastics? Gratefully appreciate any tips people have had success with.

Best so far was just foil wrapped but never easy to eat on the move that way.

1 Like

I just use small zip loc bags. I wash them afterwards and reuse them. I bought 3 boxes, one each of different sizes, a few years ago and haven’t need to restock, so while plastic is never my preferred option, IDK another solution that works as well and these are holding up great.

1 Like

Thanks - I have some re-useable bags that would be fine for that, but not really easy to eat whilst riding. I’d like to find a way to wrap them that can be opened easily on the move…

1 Like

My motorsports team is sponsored by these guys: https://www.226ers.com/en/

They have a good selection of vegan products, I’ve enjoyed their bars especially. The gels are a bit, um, interesting, but certainly get the job done!!