Calorie alert on Garmin

Hey peoples.
Just wondering what people set the calorie alert on Garmin devices to?
I also see the new Garmin have hydration tracking and alerts as well but it looks a bit gimmicky to me. Anyone use them?

Yes, I use both while riding outside. Just to not forget to eat and drink. I have set the drink reminder to 10 minutes and the calorie alert to about 500. Not scientifically proven, just to not forgetā€¦ Cheers!

Mine are only set outdoors.

10 minutes for drink and 100 Cal.

I also try and get out of the saddle for a few seconds after having the drink.

I just started using the ā€œSmartā€ nutrition and drink alerts on my 530 that I run along with TR workouts. It bases the suggestions on your power/HR in the ride as well as ambient temperature. Seems to work pretty well! It reminds me to down a gel or two on the harder interval sessions that I usually donā€™t bother with and it makes a big difference to have those calories.

Iā€™m also using Smart on a 530, with both the Indoor and Outside profiles. I like the post-ride ā€œhow many calories did you consume and how much did you drink?ā€ tracking, but it will only ask for inside/outside rides that are longer than 90 minutes. Wish that tracking would sync with other platforms (e.g. WKO, TR).

1 Like

I use the ā€˜smartā€™ setting as well. Iā€™ve found it works quite well, at least for meā€¦ If anything, itā€™s a good reminder to eat/drink.

1 Like