Calibrating Assiomas on latest firmware via Trainerroad

I updated my pedals to the latest firmware. New feature is that the pedals self-calibrate. As i couldn’t find one shred of information on their website on how to allow the pedals to calibrate themselves, I calibrated today through Trainerroad, as usual. One thing I noticed is that on the left side of the TR calibration screen, next to the date, there’s a -1, under which it says “offset”, as if the offset is -1, whatever that means. I don’t know whether it was like that before the update, or whether that’s something new. Can anybody tell me what their newly updated pedals show?

Mine has displayed with the -1 both before and since the update. No change.

1 Like

I calibrated through the Assioma too. I get a message “Calibration Successful.” However, on the Powermetercity website, it say…

1. You should receive a message saying “Calibration Successful 0” (It’s important the value is 0. If not, repeat the calibration procedure again)

I don’t get the 0. You?

I have always received a value of -1 on TR with my Assiomas. Has not been a problem.

1 Like

I’ve had my pair for a few years now, but I guess I have never noticed the -1. Well, good to know it’s normal.

1 Like

I guess I need to RTFM! Thanks!

1 Like

-1 every time in TR and on my garmin.

Never calibrated via assimoa app. Should I? Is there some difference? Should be the same, shouldn’t it?

I always get -1 if I use Bluetooth and 0 if I do it via ANT+ so that may explain what you are seeing.

4 Likes

This is the same for me.

2 Likes

So is the general census to still calibrate the pedals even though the firmware update made them self calibrating?

I calibrate to TR each ride. I figure it cant hurt. Also receive the -1 on TR, ) on Garmin 830.

100% what imaholland said

1 Like

I calibrate before every TR workout…might help accuracy and takes 5 secs so in my view why not!

Realise I’m replying to an old message but just thought I’d add that I get “0” if my UNO is connected via ant+ and "-1* if by Bluetooth.

Not sure I’ve ever connected my DUO set via Bluetooth to check what it says…