Best tubeless *hookless* tyres / tires

Thanks a lot!

Been staring myself blind on those two, even emailed Vittoria to see what they say.

The thing that annoys me a little with the G-series page on ENVE is that they dont state any tyres at all, just kind of mentions max pressures…

A little update, emailed Pirelli about their Cinturato™ Gravel H and use on hookless rims and got this answer:

Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 10.32.43

Still waiting for my response from Vittoria regarding their Terreno Dry :slight_smile: Seems like I’ll be running the Cinturatos until I get a response from Vittoria.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the ENVE 4.5 AR’s. They have an increased internal width for the wider tires, but they don’t seem to seal well at all. Like totally flat 3 days after being pumped up and ridden for a couple of hours. Did all the things - changed valve stems, valves, rim tape, new tires, new sealant, different sealant, etc. I see above that some tires are not rated for wider internal width rims…anybody know of some that are particularly good for wider internal width rims? Thanks!

Another bump, the Michelin Power Road TLR looks interesting to me for fitting in Zipp 404 Firecrests (23mm ID), Zipp list Michelin as hookless compatible, but looking at the Enve list it only lists Michelin once, depending which rim you use, and not in all sizes. Any experiences out there?

Just wait for the new Continental GP5000 S TR tires to be available :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is a good read in light of this discussion.

1 Like

More info on the new Continental 5000 S TR tires - sounds like availability is October

1 Like

The Enve’s should hold air well so suspect either a slow leak at the valve stem or a tape issue.

One trick is to pump up a little higher with the wheel off the bike and really shake it so the sealant can get into different spots, like around the valve core. Often that will take care of a slow leak.

Really looking forward to getting the new Conti’s onto a set of ENVE 3.4 ARs. Should be an awesome combo.

2 Likes

oh that’s awesome, i’ve been eyeing some of the enve foundation series or the new zipp 404 firecrests. being able to put my preferred tire on is great!

I ended up re-taping, getting new valve stems, and putting the tires on EXTREMELY carefully - holding air great! When I was taking off the old tires, I saw a spot where I think the tire lever mashed the tape over into the middle trough area when installing previous tires, making a leak there possible. Lesson learned!!

1 Like

What levers are you using? The Zefal/Michelin style ones are my preference, very durable and something about the broad shape makes it so that I’ve never damaged tape. 51jRK7XuXkL.AC_SX425
michelin-tire-levers

I have some plastic Lezyne ones.

I like those though, I can see where the broad-ness would be useful. Thanks for the tip!

Those look nice. The Pedro’s are pretty good too.

Good to hear!

Finally received my order of the new Continental GP5000 S TR 28mm today. Will report back on fitting onto a set of the Giant SLR 1 65mm Hookless wheels, with an internal rim width of 22.4mm :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Will you also please measure the width?

1 Like

I think the question is answered with the realise of the Continental 5000 STR.

1 Like

looks awesome! excited for the 5000 STR myself

I have been using 4.5ARs for a few seasons. I got a flat on my first ride. After further inspection, I had leaks around multiple spokes, meaning the tape was not adhering properly. Bought some Stan’s tape at the correct width, cleaned the rim with alcohol and haven’t had any issues with tape since. Spraying soapy water on the rim will quickly reveal where the leaks are.