Beef between Justin Williams and Travis McCabe

Night 1 settled… L39ion goes 1, 2, and 4.

6 Likes

imagine if these guys cared as much about the actual big show, the rainbow jersey, as they do for their clown car sideshow?

1 Like

Not sure I follow - there is no rainbow jersey for Crit racing?

5 Likes

Anyone else see this … thought is was a good Strava troll of pretty much everyone :wink:

6 Likes

Precisely, because it’s a sideshow.

Big show sprinters aren’t running around trash talking about national jerseys on instagram.
They’re road racing and know what the real prize is.

2 Likes

Irrelevant if you have no desire to race world tour…

2 Likes

It’s relevant if you’re a hype machine making out like you’re world’s fastest whatever.

Which let’s be honest, is the impression these guys are trying to create around a national jersey.

It’s typical US ‘Major League’ mentality coming to cycling - here’s an established global sport but there’s no ‘World Champion’ in this niche segment, so let’s hype up the champion of our domestic bush league as the defacto greatest in the world.

4 Likes

See, this whole internet IG feud was all made up to get clicks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or they just got tagged riding together because they rode the same event and you follow them both….that’s how that works

2 Likes

https://instagram.com/stories/spencer.schaff/2594251009946490553?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

I think the beef is over……

4 Likes

Good on Justin and Cory going 1-2.

Looks like Travis finished 7th. Will be interesting to see how the other races go

If they can make crit racing main stream in the US it’s a success

7 Likes

This is an awful take

9 Likes

It’s the take the rest of the world hold (who are collectively sniggering at this handbag fight).

Sorry to burst your bubble.

3 Likes

Dude, who cares.

I like all cycling and want to see it all become more popular. If it takes a bunch of meathead crit racers arguing on IG, then I’m all for it.

9 Likes

We get it.

EuRopE RuLzz, aMeRiCa DrOoLZz.

11 Likes

Seriously.

I have friends from Europe. They’re cool. I’m from the States, and I know people who are cool here.

I shudder to think what people on the board here think of BMX racing. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I live in New Zealand.

But yeah, if you’re going to splinter off another sport and hype these guys up then any criticism is totally deserved.

These guys have no desire to be on the World Tour because they’d get torched by Sam Bennett and Caleb Ewan et al.

5 Likes

The 1990s? :joy:

1 Like

The 90s were great! So is BMX’ing. Most former BMX’ers I know have savage sprints.

Also, can we downvote people for being pompous… ?

2 Likes