Not many teams know more about breakaways than Clif Bar Racing, and their status as USA Crits Champions Lap Leader Champions backs that up. Tune in as Joe Lewis, Conor and Kevin Mullervy and Pete Morris go over every aspect of how to start, manage and successfully execute a breakaway.
Youtube Live Video:
Topics covered in this episode:
- Introduction to Clif Bar Racing
- What is a break away?
- How to decide to start a breakaway
- How hard do you go during a breakaway?
- Strategic tactics for your breakaway
- What to do when your breakaway attempt isn’t sticking
- How to “sell” your attack
- Team dynamics of a breakaway
- Do you share the work evenly in a group breakaway
- How to read your competition
- Out of sight, out of mind
- When do you want to get out of a breakaway?
- Common mistakes in a breakaway
- Should you attack into the wind?
- “You never want to be the guy who makes the second to last move”