AT: Easy vs Moderate vs Hard vs ... [Pass / Success Survey Responses]

That’s what I think too. “You passed the hard stuff for this zone, so your rating for that zone is X”

Nice work getting through Freel +4!

Because you completed the 3 sets of intervals at the prescribed target (the “meat” of the workout, if you will), Adaptive Training saw this workout as a “pass.” That’s why your Progression Levels increased – you proved you were capable of completing the workout.

Your survey response matters too, though! Since you marked the workout as “All Out,” AT will take that into consideration. That means your next VO2 workout might not necessarily be a 7.3, as we don’t want you working excessively hard through workouts that push you to your limits very often.

So in short, this is expected behavior. If you dug deep and gave it everything you had, that sounds like an “All Out” workout. Your Progression Levels will reflect your recent performance, but may not reflect what workout Adaptive Training will give you next.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

4 Likes

@ZackeryWeimer that’s extremely interesting, and frankly quite a bombshell.

So you mean his PL may advance to the level of the WO, but the next WO may actually be below that level by a bit? Like what, 0.1 - 0.8 ?

That’s a huge revelation, and very different from how I thought WO levels, surveys, and resulting PL changes and future WO suggestions worked!! Very cool & important stuff to learn!

Thanks for the response, that makes sense!

I agree! My assumption was that AT would assume my PL would be the toughest workout I could accomplish without going all out but still be effective (before we delve into workouts that would increase my PL). This reads to me that AT is sophisticated enough to know that even though I accomplished a particular PL since it was “all out” for me it won’t progress workouts at that zone starting at that new PL.

My next question would be can AT detect if I paused the workout to determine if I hit my targets zone/adhered to the workout or is something that needs to communicated in my post workout survey by rating it “All Out” since the implication is I needed a break to complete it. @ZackeryWeimer

@Chris1982 @patricksudol that’s correct!

Even if your PLs are at a certain level based on your recent performances in TR workouts, AT may serve you a workout that differs from your PL depending on your post-workout surveys. We can’t necessarily say how much that may vary, as that gets into what Coach Jonathan likes to call our “secret sauce.” :wink:

AT can indeed detect if you paused a workout and/or adhered to your power targets during your workout. Your subjective feedback via post-workout surveys further helps AT dial in your future workouts as you move through your plan.

3 Likes