Assioma Uno Firmware update

Thank you for the update @Cooper and for clarification. It was a confusing situation.

Mine pairs as favero assioma, but I do not remember what is was like before the update.

Thanks Cooper and TR road staff for jumping on this! Great support.

1 Like

Great thanks for looking into

Same problem here with the Assioma Unos. I am using my Polar m450 which uses the bluetooth protocol and since the new firmware, itā€™s been reporting 50% power. I tested with the strava app and it does the same. I sent an email to Favero with no answer yetā€¦ Is there a way to revert back to the old firmware?

I have the Assioma Duo and am having problems with TR since installing the update earlier today. During my workout, the power kept dropping to zero and TR would pause the workout even as I continued pedaling at the same rate. Other times TR would just suddenly show a huge drop in power (100+W) for no particular reason. Iā€™ve never had an issue in the ten months Iā€™ve been on TR with this power meter.

Hi there!

Iā€™m sorry to hear that. This does sound like a different issue, though.

If youā€™re willing to reach out to our support staff at support@trainerroad.com theyā€™d be happy to help you out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Following since I am having this issue now too, since updating yesterday. My Uno pedal has always shown up as Favero Assioma 2; never specified as Uno.

Just received and answer from Faveroā€™s technical support. They released (or made available to those who have the issue) another firmware update that should fix it. Iā€™ll try it out later today when I do my outside workout.

EDIT: All good on my side. Should work with the TR app too.

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

We have been in touch with Favero today and they said that all you need to do is reach out to their Support Team and they will send you a firmware version that will resolve this issue.

Thanks so much for your patience with this, here is the link to their Support Page:

Cheers!

6 Likes

Installed firmware 4.05 on my Uno and it now reads correctly with TR via Bluetooth. Thanks to TR Support for contacting Favero and Favero for fixing so quickly!

Victor

2 Likes

So if I have an Elemnt it probably isnā€™t worth upgrading this firmware?

Iā€™d take a punt that theyā€™ve done some other fixed and tweaks in the firmware. Thereā€™s no technical change log thoughā€¦ If you have the DUO Iā€™d do it. If you have the UNO, Iā€™d wait for 4.05 to be public and not ā€˜on manual offerā€™ from their support.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I have the Uno so Iā€™ll wait.

do we know when the 4.05 firmware is public? I got back to TR and have the same issue

Contact Faveroā€™s costumer support. Theyā€™ll make it available to you (or follow GPlamaā€™s advice, he knows way more than I lol)

I have contacted AF support but have not yet been offered the firmware update. Iā€™m continuing to have the problem of power dropouts on my Duo when paired with TR. Itā€™s very frustrating. I just contacted AF again and asked specifically for the update.

Iā€™m very frustrated with this issue. I have not yet been contacted by AF support. Unfortunately Iā€™m unable to use TrainerRoad until this issue has been resolved.

EDIT: Got it sorted out by contacting FA and they provided 4.0.5 as per the suggestions above.

I am also affected by the UNO firmware update, which was my bad. The last Assioma update was also botched. I told myself I would wait a few days until the bugs were worked out, but I couldnā€™t contain myself and updated anyway. In the meantime I have been reducing the workout intensity by 50%. True I donā€™t get ā€œcreditā€ for the TSS and calories and whatnot, but I am still pedaling away here in CO, USA.

Any chance you can officially support them? I know they work just fine and I have no issues with my power meter, however, its very annoying to hear the guys talk about how many power meters the company has and how great they all are yet you cannot officially support the Assiomaā€™s?

2 Likes

Shane, Love seeing you posting here. Iā€™m a big fan of your content.

I put in a help desk ticket with Favero. They asked for my serial number for my Uno in the request. Two days later (Remember they are in Italy) they somehow tied the 4.05 firmware update to my serial number. When I checked for updates 4.05 was available and I installed it. As a software engineer I would encourage everyone to put in a help desk ticket. The more people that do, the more quickly they will want to make this public rather than on demand.

My power is now accurate in TrainerRoad, though I can tell there is a difference between the estimates trainer road was making with my Wahoo speed sensor and the new power meter. Time for an FTP test!

1 Like