Apple TV + IpadPro + TrainerRoad

Hi all,

Is anybody using Ipad Pro+ AppleTV + TrainerRoad Trio.

I would like to know how resolution, delay, etc.

Thanks

I have the above two but never tried it or in fact even thought about it. Was wondering if TrainerRoad had thought about an Apple TV app.
Saying all that, I will try this out and report back how it reacts.

We have considered the possibility of supporting Apple TV, however, the amount of development required to support the Apple TV platform is unfortuantely not in the cards right now. We feel that there are other avenues of Development that will have a much greater impact on making our users faster, such as the addition of Performance Analytics, Calendar, the forum, and other related improvements :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If it’s any help to you I use my phone and screen cast to my Apple TV. iPhone 6s+ and Apple TV 3. Works perfectly. I even have iTunes on at the same time playing through the TV. Shouldn’t see why your iPad would be any different.

1 Like

Quickly tried it with iPad Pro. Usual borders but works with no issues, slight lag around a half second if even that but usable.
Many thanks for the reply Bryce, I understand why TrainerRoad are developing as they are and more than happy with it.

This is how I use iPad mini and Apple TV with TrainerRoad. TR on the mini while watching 1990 Liege Baston Liege on YouTube, and some good music in the background! :blush:

1 Like

Tested IPad Pro and Apple TV. Slight delay but works. Thanks for all the responses

This is a huge thing for me. I want to run the TR App from the Apple TV because the larger display easier to see. It allows me to have the set up in my training room that is most convenient with a simple and reliable connection.

the HDMI adapters for the iPhone/iPad work well and that is probably the easiest option in the meantime

3 Likes

You can use an Lightning to HDMI converter to pull from an iOS mobile device and port to your larger TV.

1 Like

I screen mirror from my iPhone to Apple TV. Is that not an option on an iPad?

2 Likes

At the moment I use AirPlay to send the GUD to my AppleTV. This is totally workable. However, I cannot stream a podcast or watch XC races with this method as it ties up both my devices.

With a dedicated AppleTV App I can use my iPhone and earbuds to listen to upbeat music, stream a race in all its miniature glory, or check emails etc.

1 Like

This works really well for me.

To get a better understanding of what everyone is looking for, do you want to:

• A) View the app from a smaller device displayed on a large TV
  • B) View the app on either the device or TV and multitask with another app (movie, youtube, music, spreadsheets)

0 voters

Example of A (And no we’re not gamifying, this is an image from Apple’s developer documentation :slight_smile: )

Example of B (Thanks @Double-A)

1 Like

I use an iPad Pro running TR and an Apple TV connected to a separate monitor for Netflix. To me this is better than running TR on Apple TV.

Now if TR managed to develop multi-tasking with dual screen support on IOS then there would be no need for the Apple TV - just a USB-C to HDMI cable. But not a big deal, would like to see Apple Watch HR integration first.

1 Like