The app keeps crashing when trying to load on my Samsung s7. I have reinstalled the app with up to date version and i am running a compatible android software on the phone. Any ideas?
Best to direct this to firstname.lastname@example.org
To run TrainerRoad on Android devices, we require Android 7.0 (Nougat) or newer. It looks like you are on version 8.0, so you’re all good there! Here’s what I think you should try to get the app working smoothly on your Android:
Can you try restarting your phone? This way, we can be sure that no errors are happening due to the device being on for a long time.
Also, try closing out all apps running in the background. Check out this article to learn how.
Finally, I’d like to ensure that your Battery Optimisation settings are not impacting the TrainerRoad app. Here’s how to check (this should be similar across Android devices):
- Swipe down on the upper right corner of the screen
- Tap on the “Settings Gear” in the top right corner
- Scroll down and tap Battery and device care
- Tap Battery
- Confirm Power saving is disabled (should be grey)
- Scroll down and tap Background usage limits
- Confirm TrainerRoad is not in any list of “Sleeping apps”
- Tap the back arrow, then scroll down, and tap More battery settings
- Enable Enhanced processing (should be blue)
Hopefully, those steps do the trick! If they don’t, shoot Support an email (email@example.com). We will look further into your specific case and make sure to get you sorted!