Anyone using a muscle oxygen sensor for complementing TR workouts

So I did a ramp test today. I have a long list of lame excuses but bottom line is I bailed too early and know I coulda/shoulda pushed further. I’ve been using TR for a few years now and have a pretty good feel for how well my FTP is set, based primarily on whether over/unders hurt on the overs and start to feel better on the unders.

I wore my recently acquired (yeah - just before they folded up shop) Humon Hex. Interestingly, when SMO2 turned orange and then leveled off for a minute or so before heading south towards a switch to red, the average power for the “level” period was just a bit above where I’d guessed my FTP to be. I’d expected about a 3% bump, and that minute was about 4.5%.

Yes it’s entirely possible that I looked for a data point that supported my expected result and made me feel better about having wimped out early on my test, but I’m going to try bumping FTP 3% and see how the second half of MV Gen’l Build goes. If O/U’s seem easy I’ll try the 4.5%.

I also realize I’m heading into more VO2 Max intervals where FTP may be a bit less relevant, but will follow up with a note here if it turns out I’ve missed by a mile.

Hopefully this thread will end up to be a good spot for ongoing Humon Hex info sharing as their website is eventually going to go dark. FWIW the iPhone app is still hanging in there today.