Anyone used Kinomap?

My wife is new to indoor training and has a Kickr. In addition to getting her on Trainerroad(of course), I have been exploring other options for her. I have come across Kinomap, which appears to have Strava integration and videos of routes or rides along with smart trainer control. Does anyone have any experience with this? It is not structured training but seems like a reasonable choice for those who would otherwise zwift?

1 Like

Yes I do indeed. there a free version to download and the free version already gives you access to a set of free videos for testing. You can also upload your own videos. A new release to be launched in Sept time will include enhanced structured workouts and coaching. stay tuned. www.kinomap.com

1 Like

I tried Kinomap yesterday, connected my Powermeter and Speed Sensor, but overall the experience was not good.

The Power shown was about twice as much than my bike computers data. It is completeley unrealistic, that when going really slowly through Central Park in flat terrain my Watt would be 200 and more… There was no way how to calibrate anything, so all the data shown in the app seemed to be off by a lot.

Then, stopping pedaling and doing nothing the video still moved and was riding on, despite my choice to have a video which goes by my speed.

I stopped the app and went on training just with my cycling computer and Netflix.

a pity, I was really curious, mostly also because Kinomap offers Videos and Training for rowers as well.

I contacted support and will see what they tell me about this.

the original post is already some two years back. So I am not sure if this question is still open.

I just posted my latest experiences as i did not find many Kinomap threads here.

1 Like

I have a free trial so i might give it a try

1 Like

I use trainerroad 6 years now and Kinomap a half year. My goto cycling app is however Kinomap. I liked it so much (this is very personal) that I bought myself a lifetime supscription after a week of use. Because I only pay $99 a year for Trainerroad I keep it on. Thanks to Trainerroad I learned a lot about how to train and listen to my body in a scientific way. Kinomap gives me the enjoyment.

I tried kinomap once before when I was just trying out stuffs. There’s one which I found that will connect to your devices and use google street view. Can’t find the link right now.

I have used it in the past and liked it
I grew up in Amstel Gold Race country. Now that I live halfway across the world, Kinomap allows me to ‘ride’ once again on roads that I remember riding on while growing up. It has multiple contributors sharing content from that region.

This may also point to Kinomap’s weakness: it appears very European focused with lots of classic routes in the alps represented, but it has much less content across North America…