Anyone ever get destroyed by a ramp test?

I have, and I’m perfectly capable of finishing the workout without fueling, but I feel worse (read: shattered) when I get off the bike when I don’t fuel, and I am absolutely ravenous when I don’t fuel. The fueling is more about managing the couple of hours immediately following the workout than fueling the workout.

Am I reading this right if I interpret that you shut things down at about 20:00 +/- a couple? I looked back at my last three ramp tests, and I went about 26:20, 26:37, and 24:00, and probably the last 4-5 minutes were brutal on each of those tests was absolutely brutal.

I’m less interested in getting a big FTP increase with every period than I am with keeping the FTP in TR adequately set to provide workouts that are appropriately challenging. That being said, when I look at the first block of LV Build, I see a consistent pattern within the workouts. Tuesday’s high-intensity, shorter intervals with even a short rest between intervals usually gets completed without issue, but the longer blocks of over-unders, or longer, higher intensity intervals usually see either lots of struggles, or failure. Saturdays have just not been successful over the last few weeks.

I’m not sure if it’s fatigue, the fact that I told myself years ago that I just “couldn’t do” sustained, high intensity output, so I sought out activities that involved short, intense sprints followed by quick rests and now I’m training a big weakness, but I’m going to bake in a little extra recovery this week and see if that helps.

I appreciate everyone’s questions and opinions, you’ve all given me a lot to think about.