Any way to delete ALL imported Strava rides?

I borrowed a friends Garmin while mine was in for repair, unfortunately when I synced with Garmin Connect all his rides for the last 3 years were synced to Strava and then to Trainer Road. His FTP is 380W, mine is closer to 250, so now all my personal records are useless since there is no way to filter to exclude external rides. And frankly it’s useless comparing indoor riding to outdoor riding so there should really be a filter to only compare indoor to indoor and outdoor to outdoor etc.

There will be a way soon. We’re going to make it if you disconnect Strava you have the option to delete all the rides that were imported from Strava at the same time.

3 Likes

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I have recently joined and when I synced TrainerRoad with my Strava account it imported the rides I had on Strava. Well at least I thought it did.

I have approximately 920 rides on Strava pre TrainerRoad.

On my TrainerRoad account at the top it now says:

5 TRAINERROAD 916 OTHER 921 TOTAL

So it would seem that it imported everything OK.

However, when I look at the graph there are at least 12 weeks in the past year which show no rides at all. This is despite the fact that I have not missed riding each week for almost 3 years, and these are all on my strava account.

So, either I would like to know why some rides on the graph are ignored, or is there a way to delete all pre-TrainerRoad rides.

If you want me to provide any more info on the “missing” weeks please let me know.

Thanks,
Colinio

I have the same problem as @colinio and figured out that is has to do with the rides being somehow excluded from TSS and personal records. There’s no pattern to this as some rides are included upon import, while similar ones are excluded. When you check under ‘Past Rides’ you’ll see all your rides, if you click on one that is not in your ‘Career’ you could add it by checking the TSS box for that ride (scroll all the way down).

However, just like you I have no ambition to check all of my 1000+ rides to see whether they are excluded or included. This is clearly some importing glitch.

I’ve contacted support about it, let’ see what they respond.

Not sure if this is the issue but I notice that it excludes rides with no power data from the TSS graph. There is an option to estimate TSS (from heart rate I assume) but this is not done by default for imported rides. Maybe you road without power for those weeks?

thanks for the input @kevistraining, but that is unfortunately not the issue. There is definitely power and TSS for those rides, they are just set to be excluded for some reason.

For these cases, your best bet will be to reach out to our Support Team at support@trainerroad.com :slight_smile: They will be able to look into your specific situation and figure out what needs to be done to fix your issue.

2 Likes