AI FTP Detection Update

I agree with the commenters above. But if you don’t trust AI FTPD, there are several other ways to test your FTP (ramp, 8min, 20min, hr, etc…) you can always use one of those.

Edit: Coggan’s expected adaptation table by training zone:
image

TR AT still takes into account my outdoor rides. By adjusting my ftp on said ride it’s correcting my IF and time in zone so they come in line with my structured rides on the trainer. I never would have predicted that FTP detection is assuming I’m changing my actual ftp as it’s not changed in the system. When I change one outdoor ride post ride. My default FTP in TR hasn’t changed. It’s only on the select ride.

Thanks for addressing this issue. I just tried in my Win desktop app and it is not working at all.

Not sure if there is lag in getting the latest version or something else having me on an older version?

It is working in the Max beta app. I tried it this morning.

From a User perspective I like this change :+1:t2:

With a quick update from TR, it is now working in Win for me as well.

Mega props for getting this implemented so quickly! :100:

I tried it in Mac this morning and it worked for me too. Thanks again!

This is a visibility feature update, where the AI FTP Detection button will now appear on all Ramp Tests scheduled in the future. Prior to this update, you’d only see the AI FTP Detection option on Ramp Tests scheduled within 48 hours of the current day.
Clicking or using those future-date ramp test AI FTP Detection buttons will update your current FTP and swap the test out for another workout, but all AI FTP Detection buttons are still protected by the time gate to prevent frequent FTP changes.

The reasoning behind this update: athletes are still confused about where to find the AI FTP Detection button if they enable the feature, but don’t have a Ramp Test scheduled within 48 hours.
Having visibility to that button for all future Ramp Tests is intended to help reduce those instances of confusion, so athletes can look ahead and know that AI FTP will be an option for those upcoming scheduled Ramp Tests.

While this feature is in early access, we’re still working on ways to make AI FTP Detection even more seamless and intuitive moving forward. I’ll provide updates here on new iterations of the feature as they become available.

No bug here! You’re not seeing AI FTP Detection as an option because of the frequency of your manual FTP updates.

The advice you’re receiving is correct: the feature is time-gate protected by a 14-day period that we use to try to prevent athletes from updating their FTP too often.
It looks like almost all of your manual FTP updates are the same value as they were prior and weren’t actually needed. That said, I challenge you to not manually update for a bit, be confident that AI FTP will account for all of your outside+unstructured power data in its calculation, and wait out the 14-day period from your last FTP update (yesterday) to see what AI FTP Detection gives you!

Hi ivy,

Those changes were made because Wahoo Kickr Core FTP 282 = Assioma Pedal FTP 264. So I’m effectively maintaining the same FTP on two different power sources (I’ve only adjusted outdoor rides posthumously) otherwise I wouldn’t be able to maintain the power outdoors on said workouts. I’ve never touched the 282 FTP on TR. And I don’t ever have to change my FTP from 264 back up to 282 because I’m not changing my FTP on TR. only within a given ride. Does that make sense?

As I said in a previous post I’ll do my next ramp test using the Assioma’s on the trainer so I’ll have consistency moving forward and won’t need to adjust my FTP again.

Thanks!

:blush:

And don’t account for the PM r through changing FTP, instead configure the PM with an appropriate scaling factor/etc.

When’s the last time you calibrated your Kickr?
I assume you can, and should regularly, do it for the Kickr as for other trainers…

There’s another thread on my power discrepancies. It’s been handled to death. Nothing has worked thus far. Everything you imagine has been considered

Re-subbed to the platform for the first time in 8 months.

Made a plan, skipped the ramp test and ai ftp analysed all my recent zwift and outdoor rides and came up with exactly the right ftp number (which is currently 30 odd watts under my previous trainerroad recording).

Very, very impressive.

Welcome back! Stoked you’re digging the new features. Let us know if you have any questions and keep up the solid work!

Beta users - it’s not showing on 2022.29.0.212-Beta for me at present. Just for note @bnied.

I’ve only adjusted outdoor rides posthumously

Sorry to hear about your sad demise.

Apart from buying a new trainer?

I haven’t been doing any structure this summer since the weather has been good and group rides abundant. I’ve been giving the AI FTP Detection a shot and have found that it overestimates my FTP by quite a bit. I’m wondering if this has to do with the quality of data I’m feeding it through mostly hard group rides which tend towards short V02 max efforts rather than sustained work around threshold? I recently did a TTE/Baseline test which verified that my actual FTP is sitting around 15-20 watts below what AI FTP is estimating. However, I’ve set a number of power PRs on the steeper end of the power curve including from 3 to 5 minutes recently so perhaps if that’s what AI FTP is using to calculate FTP that would explain the discrepancy.

Is anyone having a similar experience with a lot of unstructured riding? I’m curious to see if my results will be closer in the winter once I return to more structured training and my progression levels are tracked accurately.

I’m sure this has been asked, but what’s the harm in making AIFTP available at any time? If it works, and I click it too often, then…?

For starters, changing FTP via ANY method (not just AIFTP) typically applies a downward adjustment to your Progression Levels. Overly frequent FTP changes would potentially nullify the progression in things like interval duration, intensity and shorter recoveries that are common with moving up in PL’s.

Sure, TR could look to refine the changes that get applied to PL’s via FTP changes. Might take a closer look to the timing and amount of changes to determine if/when to alter PL’s.

Outside of that, what is your reason for wanting FTP changes more often than the current 14-day limit applied to AIFTPD?