Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

Geological time frames :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m in!

It seems like AT doesn’t know me though :smiley: I just finished an extensive sweet spot block culminating with 100 minutes at 93% FTP (with virtually no cardiac drift), I’ve done a few races with NP at or around FTP, last FTP test TTE was 50 minutes, etc…and it has me rated at 1.4 for endurance and 1.8 for Sweet Spot! My highest numbers are 4s (out of 10)

I can only assume this is because I haven’t done any TR workouts for quite some time, so it’ll be interesting to see where the numbers go from here! Starting a build phase now and will be doing some TR workouts.

5 Likes

Is there a way to include repeating travel dates throughout a training plan, I have to travel for business every 2 weeks and will like to know if I can schedule without having to move manually workouts throughout my calendar so my calendar can be adapted by the AI ?

1 Like

Yeah you definitely need to use TR workouts to get the most out of it right now, so if you’ve been doing workouts from other sources and haven’t used the TR workout creator to make custom workouts, I’m not sure how well it will understand your abilities. That said a lot of people see weird values upon first load but after the first workout, the numbers tend to jump into place or stabilize. Either way, it sounds like it is worth emailing support@trainerroad.com so they can take a look and make sure things aren’t broken for you. Welcome to the beta!

If you click on the calendar you can add in time for injury, sickness or travel. You give it the dates of that, and plan builder will reshape the workout schedule. Adaptive Training will then change the workouts to meet your fitness level when you return based on the ML’s determination of your fitness decay rates per energy system. Long answer short, there is functionality for this. I haven’t used it, however, so I’m not sure how it functions in detail.

1 Like

There is for illness, Time off or injury, I suppose it is the same to chose time off for travel, I did it and see my workout for that date just been eliminated when I click on Adapt but I do not see any other changes (Adaptations), I suppose something else has change to balance the plan, right?

How many days are you traveling? I was out for three days a couple weeks ago and AT just removed those workouts and had me carry on as usual (which tracks with the advice TR already gives about managing time off).

1 Like

I didn’t realize that I was one of 347. I am using it 5x a week and haven’t found a single issue yet. Everything is going great. It really helped me understand why some workouts on the plan were going well and others weren’t. I love the workout changes so far and being able to look at historical data through the AT lens has been interesting.

9 Likes

Gents, not gonna lie I’m pissed off I don’t have access :smile:

Sounds like a great development and can’t wait to get started

1 Like

How did you get notified of access?

Got an email… At the start of my rest week! Looking forward to trying it next week

6 Likes

I am traveling Thursdays (no training that day) and then Tuesdays (also not training that day) of every 2 weeks.

You could probably just make Thursdays and Tuesdays your rest days every week and scoot the planned workout days around them if they’re only one day of travel. I think the travel annotation feature is more about extended travel of multiple days off in a row.

2 Likes

Waiting patiently but it’s been few weeks ago they’ve announced AT and still nothing…

1 Like

Quick Update- As of this morning we have 586 athletes included in the closed beta.

44 Likes

And still no me :frowning:

5 Likes

still waiting :sob:

3 Likes

Same here. Still waiting. Been a loyal customer for years…

1 Like

Good work in bringing up the numbers slowly and in a controlled fashion whilst working on issues, really is appreciated. It’s going to be worth the wait. I’m patiently in the queue but if I’m honest being a heavy Wahoo user and just starting to do more and more outside workouts I’d rather not be given a spot at the expense of somebody else until that issue is resolved. 4 of my 5 workouts last week were performed outside.

6 Likes

I think these type of “letting off steam” posts just clutter up the thread. Really, they’ll make no difference to how quickly the closed beta program progresses or any individual poster gains access to it…

Feeling inpatient in the face of situations that we can’t control or influence serves no useful purpose and is unhealthy. Just go with the flow, accept your invite will arrive when it arrives, and the wait will feel shorter :smiley:

42 Likes

My vote, which is worth the paper it is written on, is that they publish the workout levels before adding me to the Beta group that is still finding bugs.

Of course since my vote doesn’t matter I’ll still join the Beta once invited :slight_smile:

3 Likes