Account History/Statement

Based on the most recent podcast discussion of reimbursement by HSA for TR subscription - can we get a statement showing our subscription history to include as an attachment in an HSA reimbursement request? I know these are available in PayPal if we use that but I just have my card directly on file with TR I believe.

1 Like

I suggest contacting support@trainerroad.com to get that directly.

Someone else may know better but I don’t believe fitness subscriptions like TR are considered HSA eligible expenses.

1 Like

To be clear, they are stating you can get something from your insurance company, not get reimbursed from HSA.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did some searching on both Google and this forum and could not come up with anything.

My employer participates in a program where we are reimbursed for exercise program participation. Normally, I would just submit receipts and check-in records for my gym, but due to COVID-19 shutdowns, I’m paying but can’t check in. Now, there’s a category for virtual subscriptions, which they describe as “examples include Peloton and Beach Body on Demand. Proof of purchase and proof of participation for a minimum of 8 sessions is required to earn reimbursement.”

Hitting 8 workouts a quarter and exporting a record from TrainerRoad or Strava doesn’t sound difficult to do, but I can’t find a page (or statement emails) that shows your payment history to TrainerRoad. My company breaks it up in quarterly payments, so the month-to-month plan works best in that context for me.

Do you guys get monthly receipts, renewal, or statement emails? Am I completely missing the account page that shows the monthly payments?

Thanks Chad for pointing me over here. I didn’t even think to contact support. I reached out to see if it’s feasible. I’ll let you folks know what they say.

edit: Support is able to manually generate invoice statements for this purpose. Reach out to them and they’ll get you a simple PDF, official Invoice.

2 Likes

Did you have any success with this? In what form did you provide your TR workout history to them?

Yes, my employer reimburses my TrainerRoad and Zwift memberships on a quarterly basis. We have an automated system that appears to just look for completeness (rather than someone actually verifying documentation), but I have to check a lot of boxes to state that I’m being truthful and that they reserve the right to audit.

I submit a PDF with 3x months of App Store Zwift billing statements, another with the manual invoice that TrainerRoad support generates for me, and one final PDF with an export of my Strava training calendar & screenshots of my TrainerRoad calendar (we are supposed to show 10 workouts per subscription per quarter).

2 Likes