7-speed on wahoo kickr core?

After my very old magnetic trainer died a quick death last week I just ordered a Wahoo Kickr Core :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:. I own an old road bike with 7speed and was wondering if I can put the 7-speed CS-HG200 cassette 12-32 on the trainer. In the manual it says you can use a 8/9 or 10 speed with the included 1,8mm spacer. Maybe it is possible to put another spacer behind the cassette?

Or is it a bad idea and I should buy a 8-speed only using the first 7 gears?

THANKS a lot

Your old bike might be only 126mm axle width on the back and may need " cold spreading" aka persuading, stretching, forcing! to go on the Kikr.

2 Likes

I know and I measured. It’s 126 or 128 but it seems no big deal to spread the steel to 130 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I found 4mm Adapter to fit 7-speed on 8-speed. That should do the trick right :thinking:

Should do yes

1 Like

perfect! I will post if it worked :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a 7 speed on my Hammer (which also claims to be 9/10 or 11 speed). With the appropriate spacers (that I can’t remember at this stage) it works perfectly.

1 Like

did your work around work? i’m looking to purchase a kickr core and my road bike only has 7 speeds on the back

you need 3 in total, the one which comes with the kickr (1,85) then the 3mm and another 1mm

works perfect for me

if you only plan to use erg mode you can also put a 8 (or 9, 10, 11) speed cassette with the corresponding chain on there. You obviously wouldn’t be able to shift, but ERG mode should work just fine

I started reading and though “thread dredge” but it looks like you’re dredging for the right reasons.

I’m still on KK, so it doesn’t apply to me, but its an interesting tidbit to learn.