2023 time spent riding?

969 (nice) total bike/run/hike/ski, 740 on the bike

5 Likes

Thanks @Power13 and @FrankTuna. I’m good with 499. Did 4 hours of endurance today and that’s enough. Gotta leave something on the table for next year, which starts in a couple hours. Happy New Year everyone!

7 Likes

Not great. Young kids, health issues, etc.

9 Likes

589 hours

5 Likes

309H 21M
Up from 273H 23M last year, 215H in 2021, and 225H in 2020 and 122H in 2019…

7 Likes

2023 Goal was to hit 500 hours up from 450 the past year. Happy to have blown by that.

12 Likes

7 Likes

I did a whole 210 hours

Did manage a podium one time with a former national champion and a cat 1.

7 Likes

For the metric inclined.

5 Likes

(3,336 mi)
(130066 ft)

43 y/o, dad of 2 (7/4), 3.5 W/kg, mixture of road, TR and MTB.

The stats are meaningless really. MTB≠Road≠TR

6 Likes

I’m surprised by the lack of climbing for most folks - I assume this is due to a high percentage of trainer time?

I don’t live in a particularity hilly area, and my stats are:

556 hours
670,000 feet of climbing

I don’t use the trainer very often, so I imagine that is the main difference.
Edit: I also don’t have any truly flat riding around my parts now that I think about it…
One more edit: I also live at the top of a 300 foot hill from the main road, so I have to do that every ride.

2 Likes

I would like to throw my hat in the ring and post up what IMO a balanced (maybe privileged) father of (2) babies under the age of 4 looks like.

This was all I could handle (both physically and possibly) for the 2023 season and I am proud to say that I spent a lot of time with my family (capped the weekend to 2-hr max rides) and didn’t miss anything daily from my children.

Days start at 4:30AM and end at 9:30pm with 10hr work days (includes commute).

yes - I am exhausted haha

I would like to say to my fellow TR users who have children or are recently new with children - do the best you can. My stats are probably way too high for a lot of you, the children will only be children once and then you will have all your time back.

9 Likes

My strava stats have about 1/10 on the trainer my lack of elevation is because most of my riding is in a flat area of the UK.

2 Likes

457 hours riding- For me, it was plenty. Plenty of big 4-5 hour plus rides on a nearly weekly basis, lot’s of time on the trainer early on in the year. More riding outside as the year went on and my plan also started heavily structured via TR’s plan builder, to TR’s polarized plans and pretty much ended on a polarized type of structure.

Crazy to think I was coasting for almost 40 hours…:wink:

5 Likes

A fair amount of trainer time for me, in 2023 Jan - Mar and Oct - Dec were almost exclusively on the trainer due to weather, Apr - Sept almost all outdoors apart from recovery noodles

That’s more indoors than usual, 2022 I was mainly outdoor until mid-November as the autumn was much drier than the last one!

3 Likes

191 hours
2,673 miles
13,541 feel elevation
153 days active.

Started strong in the spring, sprained my knee late April, and it was a slow ride to the end of the year. Here’s to hoping 2024 is better.

3 Likes

400-600m is the average vertical gain per 100km on most of the routes that head out of town. In-town riding results in a lot of stop-start riding. That would be 217-322 vertical feet per 100miles.

1 Like

goal was 440 hours, but life intervened and I spent a lot of time fixing basic non-cycling issues. Versus previous years:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Impressive! An average of 3hrs/day, every day of the year! How do you find the time?