2022 XC Bike Thread

What the 23 looks like not stock photo

1 Like

Im guessing they will announce new Epic for 2024 Olympics, which means I will probably not be able to ride it before 2025.

Anyways, the current Epic Evo ticks all my boxes, so Im not concerned about a new model. Longer/slacker doesnt really make any sense for the trails Im riding anyways.

Mostly looking for the glove box. I had it on my enduro and its pretty great

Surely they won’t to Longer and Slacker than the Evo for the Epic (or even for the next Evo for that matter)?

Maybe a Brained Epic Evo? Very much seems the Evo is the faster of the two options from what I’ve seen. Gives them a good blueprint for the future.

I have no idea obv, I was just trying to think of things they could do.

My point was only that the Evo is pretty perfect (for my use), so Im not concerned about a new model.

1 Like

Do XC race bikes have a glove box?

Will 2.4" tires fit the rear of your TwoStroke ONE 4?

How much do you think this bike will weigh?

Any thoughts or experience with the Santa Cruz Blur TR? Looks like we may get some stock in my area.

1 Like

I love mine. Got it this spring. Raced in an XCM series all summer. I can take it anywhere from gravel to all-mountain trails (way more down than up) and it handles everything with ease. Also, it fits me a lot better than anything else (but that’s obviously specific to me).

1 Like

I have the Blur XC. Amazing bike that really seems to come alive at speed (about 14 mph for me). Climbs amazing, crushes the descents.

Great XC race bike… wouldn’t take it to a bike park though. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I ran mezcal and barzo 2.35 on it just fine, on i25 rims.

1 Like

Not yet but i can see it trending that way especially for dc. Marginal weight gain but they’re so nice

1 Like

Thanks. If I get the TwoStroke ONE I hope to be able to fit Rekon 2.4s on similar inner width rims. Looking for a more relaxed geo than the Scott Scale RC (and a bit more rear end compliance).

I’ll find out soon!

Should be sub 24lb ready to ride.

What was the final weight of this bike?

My 2022 XC race bike is my 2018 XC race bike. Ride what you’ve got! With the money saved I afforded international flights and entry to the BC Bike Race, a week riding beforehand in Squamish, and a week riding after in Vancouver Island. Recommended :ok_hand:

9 Likes
1 Like

Right there with you! Love my 2020 or is it 2019, I can’t remember Scott Spark RC World Cup. I put on a 120 fox sc for a little more cushion up front and it slacked the head angle a bit too. The only bummer on the bike is the rear can only really go 2.25. 2.35 would be pushing it I think. My combo is 2.4 up front 2.25/2.3’ish in the rear. She goes!

Looks so dull