2022 XC Bike Thread

What is the full weight?

25.7 lbs with water bottle & pedals. Medium “S” model. Reserve wheels & AXS Eagle shifting.

Next upgrades will be X01 & carbon bar. Hoping to ultimately get to the 23ish range.

1 Like

That’s in Australian money, right??

Hump

All models(except frameset) can be seen here if you just click in on them…

It might actually be worth it buy an epic evo vs keeping my my epic. Brought my rear shock in for service and its now $200 when it use to be $70

did you get the damper rebuilt? if that’s just a shock service, you should look at finding a new bike shop!

If they release regular Epic (100/100) without brain and with remotes I would definetly consider it and probably buy it… i was so impressed with the ride feel but the brain…

1 Like

Cervelo ZHT-5

https://www.cervelo.com/en-GB/bikes/zht-5

1 Like

My LBS told me over the weekend one was coming from Cervelo. Looks like it falls kind of right in the middle of everything as far as geo etc. Would be nice to see a weight, I assume it would be sub kilo.

Vader must be racing a pretty short schedule if they are only going to do a hard tail, or this was at least something they could get built in a hurry.

Lastly, thank god the price is in the realm of reason, the R5-CX frame set cost more that base build of this thing!

1 Like

Frame is “reported” at 870g.

Cool to see them do a MTB. I always dreamed of buying a Cervelo when they came out with the original Soloist series (in my triathlete days).

However, this seems a bit of a miss. Or at least it’s very expensive for a pretty generic looking Hardtail.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do in the full suspension space. I’ve always liked their innovation.

2 Likes

New Ridley Probe RS XC hardtail announced:

1 Like

This flat mount on mountain bikes is dumb. At least cervelo kept post mount.

1 Like

100% a miss, outdated geo and overpriced.

2 Likes

Also, partly OT, but I am wondering at what point we make a new “2023” topic and leave this one to rot? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

January 1st 2023

An automatic dropper is something i never thought i’d need but outside of very few instances i really can’t see much benefit.

1 Like

Can we just line up the 2023 bike thread and the 2023 tire thread? I think we only have a 2022 bike thread - I haven’t seen a tire thread for this year…?

1 Like

I think the tire thread is still 2021

Yeah, not my ideal but I am trying to have a much lighter hand these days (when my OCD isn’t in charge :wink: at least)

1 Like