2022 XC Bike Thread

If the new epic evo frame colors look good I’ll probably buy that to replace my 2019 epic. Right now with pedals, 120 sid ult fork, dropper, bottle cages and tool its sitting at 23.15lbs. Just for the fun of it i’d like to see if I can get down to 22lbs

Looks like Jordan Sarrou has been racing the Epic Evo as of late. Lockouts and and a blip box for his dropper?

3 Likes

Is that a modified top tube mount for his shock? Looks like raw carbon

Interesting! It does look like a custom or repaired frame. maybe 100mm rear?

They advertised the Epic Evo and Epic as having the same front and rear triangle but with different shock linkage. Doesn’t make much sense if that’s true. Wonder if he had a particular shock he wanted to use and needed more clearance?

1 Like

The factory team insta shared a photo. Here’s a screen grab with a better pic of the bike.

1 Like

Is it just for the hole for the lockout remote cable?

From that angle it looks like a really cool paint scheme, not raw carbon. Looks like the pattern continues on the down tube. Maybe mimicking mud spray from a front tire? Very cool

2 Likes

Yeah, true. Matches the seat and chainstays. Just paint :joy::man_facepalming:

The regular production EVO has a hole there for a lockout on the rear shock. Mine came plugged and sealed off but it’s there if needed.

1 Like

It can be done - my Evo is just a touch over the 22 lbs mark with pedals, dropper and Quarq PM. Going sub 22 would not be a problem with replacing the Roval wheels with some ultra-light custom wheels.

Tried searcing the thread but saw no menion of the Arc8 Evolve FS, which looks prety good to me:
https://www.arc8bicycles.com/bikes/mountain/evolve-fs

1 Like

I am currently riding a 2021 Oiz H20 TR. I got the bike last year when finding any kind of FS XC bike was very difficult. I really like the bike but always am wondering what a higher end model would be like. The H20 is a little heavy but has pretty decent components (a lot of shimano XT).

I had a lot of interest in the Epic Evo but not getting one in my size this year. So now to the question… would i notice a big difference going to something like the Oiz Pro or Team? I have thought about upgrading the wheels and adding a dropper to my current ride but wondering if it would be a better decision to just upgrade the bike. I would like to save some weight but also curious if the higher end model would have a noticably different ride.

What size? Build specs? I’m contemplating spending some time and $$ to lighten mine up this winter.

FWIW the SID Ult 120mm is actually lighter than the SID SL w/ Brain. Equal builds (in terms of wheels, dropper, PM, bars, etc) and Evo will be measurably lighter. SO you’re right in tht it really comes down to whether you like the brain enough. I had a 2021 Sworks brain and recently rebuilt it as an Evo and am so much happier with it.

1 Like

Nice! Was lucky to get a new SID Ultimate for my EVO from Rockshox when I warrantied the SID Select that came stock on my bike! Can attest to the fact that it is a seriously light fork! Not the suspension tinkerers fork though, only rebound adjustment available.

Mine is a size medium and to be honest I took a no-holds-barred approach to meet my 10 kg, 22 lbs target.

Here is some info posted in the users bikes thread.

Part list upon request :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really wish they had that colorway available this year.

Not to beat a dead horse but Finsterwald is on the Epic Evo w/lockouts train. For Leadville 100 :exploding_head:

7 Likes

This is the way.

3 Likes