2020 Gen CANYONs

Another glimpse of the Speedmax disc in Frodo’s video - Jan Frodeno on Instagram: "One of these mornings. #thenextlevel #timetrialtuesday"

From the video it looks like you can see a bit more of the bike and the storage options. I can only see the box above the BB for storage. It doesn’t look like there is enough space in the frame for storage (as there is at the moment) so this likely replaces that.

I can’t see where they would put reservoir to feed a BTA straw - there just doesn’t look like there is space for fluid anywhere in the frame. The downtube doesn’t look ‘fat’ enough (if they went down the route of the old Shiv) and surely you couldn’t fit a reservoir in the headtube around the forks?

It wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve done anyway with the integrated hydration system. In the survey they sent out about the Speedmax last year there was a lot of focus on trade-offs (i.e. would you prefer disc brakes over integrated hydration) and ranking of how important these sort of things were to you. Clearly they were thinking about not bothering with it then as you were being asked what sort of features were more or less important to customers. They could go down the route of the Cervelo where they sell a version that comes with some sort of BTA bottle that is aero and works with the frame (maybe not dissimilar to the new Scott Plasma?) but isn’t fully integrated like the current version.

1 Like