2020 / 2021 Olympic Cycling Racing Discussion

Just the second ever gold for Ecuador at Olympic Games.
:goat:-Rapaz

2 Likes

Sagan was never as good as WVA.

4 Likes

What a day for him and Ecuador!

2 Likes

Wow that was a great race! Great ride by Carapaz. He correctly smelled the breakaway that would stick and then was just the strongest rider. You gotta feel for WvA though. That must have been one the most frustrating races of his career. At least he got silver. He is gonna love the TT, where does have to pull a train of riders :laughing:

Sidenote for the ones wathcing on GCN+… listening to Matt Stephens and Brian Smiths butter smooth commentary all day, only to be rudely interrupted by 2 Australians with 5 Km to go :face_with_raised_eyebrow: what was up with that.

1 Like

BBC coverage (local broadcaster in the UK) was almost as good - decent commentary from Chris Boardman and Simon Brotherton, then at the point on the final climb where the selections/attacks were happening they decided to go to the studio and do a live, aimless live interview with Cav that seemed to go on forever… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, first Olympic gold in 25 years. Only the fourth ever Olympic medal for the country and definitely the one the biggest scale sport (with the others being won in Speed Walking).

Sounded like Kiwis to me.

1 Like

I think WVA’s hair is taller than Richard Carapaz and he is going to be pushing Marge Simpson levels in short order

6 Likes

Sure but that was not what I was saying, Sagan lost a lot of races because he had the fastest sprint of the group late in races (esp one day races) which led other riders not to help chase / making him have to do more.

after a quick Google search I found this article (unfortunately behind a paywall…

1 Like

Do you mean Rochelle what’s her face, and that other idiot talking about Po-cha-cha and Primrose Road Lick? Spare a thought for us in kiwi land that had to put up with them for six hours and will again for all the cycling. BTW Rochelle is an Aussie but her colleague in dribble talk is Kiwi, so we should hand out the brickbats in equal measure :pensive:

4 Likes

Mark effing Watson. Thinks the sun shines out his @r$e and yet didn’t/wouldn’t attempt to correctly pronounce riders names, nor seem to know any more than was written on the page in front of him :man_facepalming::rage:.

We’ll have him for the XCO too I suspect. That will be infuriating.

2 Likes

Van Door Pole for the win with Flick Her Gear in second and Car Wreck Ski third. It’s gonna be a blast.

I wonder how many will be in the hurt box and I can’t wait for the downhill climbs he blathered on about.

3 Likes

So people, how many medals do you expect for Dutch women team to get in today’s road race? :laughing: Many big names in the start list, but… wow.

Netherlands
1 VAN DER BREGGEN Anna
2 VAN VLEUTEN Annemiek
3 VOS Marianne
4 VOLLERING Demi

1 Like

They’re going to need too lay down some serious “Power Watts” for the Pain Train to … Get going :man_facepalming:

I hope it’s an entertaining race. Shame to lose some of the tougher components of the men’s course, but it’s going to be great to get top notch coverage of women’s racing for once.

post_deleted

post_deleted

Would that be @Anna_K currently in the women’s road race break?

2 Likes

Interesting watching the girls carrying what I assume is a frozen bottle in the top of their jerseys.

Ingenious way of getting some additional cooling and also reducing the number of visits back to the car required.

1 Like

AvV is a beast! She’s got that Tony Martin aesthetic with the quads that look as wide as her waist. Built for crushing dreams and sitting at very precise power numbers.