$145 chain lube

If ya ’ all caught the online talks between Zero Friction who are what would be the leading experts on testing lubes, wax etc and aB I am somewhat skeptical. And at $145, I would rather buy a mag of wax and powder or even a pre treated, waxed chain from ZeroFriction.

It does. Looking at the data, it’s way better.

absoluteblack claim sub 5W for 900k. That’s an extraordinary claim. I don’t think any other lube can do that.

I haven’t gotten into it very far but I think the Silca stuff is similar. And a lot cheaper.

My buddy who is a solid 3w/kg and a weight weenie is all about this and ordered a bottle. I think that’s really the target market

2 Likes

I’m sure anyone who buys things like ceramic bearings and ceramic speed jocky wheels has already ordered this.

1 Like

All I can think of is if this would work in my printer? It might be cheaper than the ink in it - lol… If it actually works as claimed, I see this as a race/event day specific lube for many. Not me, but many others…

Definitely! The $/W for this lube is way, WAY better than ceramic bearings of OSPW. Of course, only if you’re doing serious competitive 300km+ rides. If you’re just puttering around town on 50 km club rides you’re probably just as well with boeshield or some other cheaper 3rd tier lube…and then spend the saved money on unusual socks or nice sunglasses.

In fact, I’m not even sure the graphene product has a place in the pro bunch. In a setting where somebody has a job of putting fresh lube on every day…and you can drop back to the car and get more during the race…probably UFO is a better choice.

But sub 5W for 900km is very good!