A complete guide to planning your training for the year, power vs. heart rate and indoor training tips and gear we’re loving right now. All of this and more in Episode 134 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
Topics covered in this episode
- TrainerRoad CX Nationals Athlete Panel Event
- We’re hiring three software engineers! (Apply here)
- Why you should sync Strava and Garmin Connect to TrainerRoad
- How to plan your year of training
- How to set proper goals
- How to make sure you peak at the right time
- How to prioritize your races
- How to adjust your training plan
- Power vs. Heart Rate: Is heart rate still relevant?
- Tips and tricks for getting started with indoor training
- Are tubeless tires best for road too?
- What is “going into the red” and should you actually avoid it?
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.