Zwift Tron Bike achievement unlock?

That makes me feel so good.

Can’t get to the top in a 90 mins threshold session. Maybe I have to use a “Zwift scale” and revise my weight?

Free mental thoughness training :grin:

1 Like

I would think 90 minutes is enough for most on this forum. I was taking about 100-110 minutes in z2 but with a ~2.0 w/kg. Closer to 2.5 now, but no longer subscribe.

Something seems off there…are you talking about 90 min for the Tour of Fire & Ice route, or 90 min just for the Alpe itself?

Just an estimate, but I’d say something a little under 3 w/kg average gets you there in 60ish minutes. If you add in the 12 minute lead in, should be there in 70-75 minutes. It does depend on the type of workout. A VO2Max workout will take a lot longer than a SS or Threshold workout because the rest intervals are longer and those spikes don’t catch up enough to make a difference.

Hah! Noob: Figured I’d climb the ‘Alp’ in a workout, and setup a long and low zone 2 workout, and took over three hours to get to the top. BIG MISTAKE, and I had to hold that power part way back down. BIGGER MISTAKE. Oops… The wife said I was crazy. I had to agree…

1 Like

Ladies and gents please may we not discuss Tron bike on trainerroad forum… go to Z forum for this if you please.

1 Like

Yep, you’re close. It’s actually just a little over 3.2 for most people to get up in 1 hour.

BUT, the statement someone else made above that most people can get to the top of the alp in 60 minutes, so it’s perfect for a 60 minute workout, just isn’t true. You’ve got the lead in, plus the climb, which is going to take 60+ minutes (and longer for most of us, especially if we’re also doing a TR workout), PLUS, once most people get to the top they want the free miles back down the mountain, which adds another 10-15 minutes, so, you’re looking at more like 90-120 minutes for the whole thing.

Why?

Why not?

1 Like

I’m not a cat person (I’m allergic), but I have no problem with people discussing them. I just scroll past. Life is way better when you just scroll past.

1 Like

yeah. agreed. 90 minute workout is what I count on.

2 Likes

load up road to sky and ride a TR workout in ERG mode until you get it. EZ PZ

But do you know any good cat forums?

3 Likes

I just looked and there’s a ton of posts on Zwift, including at a cursory glance over a dozen with at least 60 and upwards of 500 replies.

1 Like
  • No, that is not an acceptable statement or request.

• Zwift and any other app discussion on the TR forum is totally acceptable.

• This topic, like so many others are typically located in the “Uncategorized” category, which is our version of the “Off Topic” section seen on other forums.

7 Likes

Make sure you’ve optimized your Zwift bike setup for climbing. It isn’t much, but adds up over time…

1 Like

I’d also add that one can go into the search bar of the Forum and type in anything, including “Zwift” to discover threads and comments on the topic.

One thought I had is that there are certain topics are “mega topics” - more threads and more discussion than others such that throwing them into the Uncategorized category may not do such topics justice. The topic “[anything] Zwift” is one of them. Perhaps, such mega topics deserve their own tags?

Well, I wrote a nice guide on searching, that can be leveraged here.

Using your example, for Uncategorized and ‘Zwift’ as the one term, you get plenty of results:
https://www.trainerroad.com/forum/search?q=%23uncategorized%20zwift

More words can be added, including the other advanced options and ‘Sort by’ to filter results more.

As to tags, I am fine with adding a Zwift one in particular, but I don’t know it adds much over using it in the search term. I have no control over that, and will leave that consideration to @IvyAudrain to review.

2 Likes

I did not see your guide previously, but have used the search with filters. Your work does look good, though.

Generally, I think you might be right re: lack of additional value of creating a new tag. But one could argue that no tags are not necessary on anything as it not not likely that something categorized as “Nutrition” for example, would exclude the word “nutrition” in the entirety of the thread.

FWIW: I use Evernote as my main source of storing notes, .pdfs, etc. Currently I have ~ 14,000 notes and ~ 100 active tags. While Evernote includes an advanced search capability (e.g. Boolean), I find that search by tags provides infinitely greater value than filtered word search. The only drawback is that it requires proactive topic tagging whereas the Forum allows for minimal work.

1 Like