Zwift "Premium", TR Merger or Add-In speculation

Just listened to the latest Zwiftcast where they discussed the possibilities. They all sounded optimistic that something is happening and that this is a good thing. They made very positive comments about the quality of the TrainerRoad product and team, and Shane specifically mentioned the content of these forums.

4 Likes

I like to think my four lifetime posts have managed to increase the TR valuation in some small way.

12 Likes

Is this 5? You just upped your contribution 20-25%!

#forumgainz :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I also speculated that Eric Min may have been in Reno for the gambling and drugs and not to meet with TrainerRoad. :man_shrugging:t2::rofl:

14 Likes

20 Likes

Simon even went a little farther :stuck_out_tongue:

562C4FCB-AAEB-4E74-AF72-33271FC0A803

12 Likes

That little red-nosed punk Rudolph has got nothing on thatā€¦:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

My IRL average speeds on a road bike are actually very similar to Zwift. The key is to plan routes that donā€™t require any stopping or slowing down. No traffic lights, no stop signs, no left turns, etc.

1 Like

Mine are on a different planet. Even ignoring stops and so on - today on Zwift I clocked myself doing 37km/h on the flat at 142 watts, on a flat road IRL I would be lucky to be doing 25km/h for that wattage (solo - obviously in a group itā€™s different).

Itā€™s relatively close going uphill - my climb times on a given gradient seem pretty comparable.

But on the flat, Zwift speeds are 30, 40% higher than real life.

Theres a few things going on I think:

on Zwift I have an aero setup, on the road at the moment Iā€™m on my winter bike and winter kit etcā€¦ Iā€™m normally a bit quicker in the summer on my summer setup.

Zwift assumes perfect new tarmac and tyres - very low CRR. UK tarmac is known to be pretty heavy generally, cos of all the rainā€¦ (WT pro races tend to be appreciably slower in the UK). Iā€™ve got winter tyres on at the moment.

Any more news on this? Interesting to see if Zwift/TR can work together after the Wahoo Acquisition of RGT Cycling and Wahoo Xā€¦

Nothing new Iā€™ve seen other than some additional speculation in the Wahoo X thread.

1 Like

I think CyclingTips wrote the merger was dead?

Zwift is so much faster than real life for me. 10km/hr at least.

1 Like

Anyone seen Elon in Reno? He might be able to chip in a few $ :grinning:

2 Likes
3 Likes

I think I would love to see TrainerRoad remain independentā€¦ Zwift does nothing for me, and I would be worried that the vision and culture of the TrainerRoad team would be lost at zwift

6 Likes