Zwift Academy Road 2022

How long before you get your email after a baseline ride. Did mine about 24 hours ago and have not gotten anything.

Mine was over a day, but that was back when the initial mess was looming large. Not sure what is common now.

1 Like

It’s funny how TR constantly stresses not to put yourself into a box label yourself as a certain type of rider, but the very first thing the ZA does is assign a phenotype.

Thanks Chad. Been a day and a half and no sign yet.

Just got the results from Zwift - about 18 hours after the baseline ride.

Did mine on Tuesday morning. Received the email this morning, Thursday.

1 Like

Ok…did workout #6 today and it isnt showing up as complete. Zwift didnt proofread their workout text either…text says they are 30/30’s and they are actually 30/15’s…big difference.

2 Likes

Luckily I noticed beforehand and remembered to make a particularly strong coffee. :blush:

1 Like

Sorted yet? I see in the Zwift forum a few folks have had it credited.

I did a group workout for #6 (like I did for a few others) and it credited right away.

I just have the Finish Line workout to do tomorrow.

Yeah, it finally showed as complete a few hours later.

2 Likes

Anyone have any good recommendations of which TR workouts most closely match with the Zwift Academy workouts? Planning on going through the ZA workouts but would like to match them to TR workouts on my calendar to get the progression levels associated with the work

That sounds tricky. Maybe make TR custom workouts as clones of the Zwift ones, drop them into Calendar and then associate them as you do them?

Largely meaningless, but to close the loop on this… I did my Finish Line ride on Saturday. Got PR’s on all three segments. At least some was a better understanding of each effort leading to better packing, so I doubt the actual ZA22 workouts I did really had more than a maintenance effect on my. I also knew the time targets, which is potential motivation and benchmarking that we have seen pay off in better results from many studies.

My riding is actually down on time and such since I am just playing in the off season for the most part. But I think this is the first time I have fully completed a ZA, so that’s something at least :stuck_out_tongue:

image image

Still very much a “sprinter” in their phenotypes, which matches my training this season and general history.

1 Like

Nice. I had a couple of big PRs on the two longer segments. Zwift still has me down as a sprinter, though. :grin:

I put the improvement entirely down to motivation and the carrot effect.

1 Like

Nicely done. I had another mental variable playing with my head. I tend to do most of my hard workouts in the evening, after work. Due to scheduling, I had to do this Saturday morning. Outside of races that have their own process and built-in motivation, I usually struggle with hard morning workouts and often see an HR about 8-10 beats higher for the same RPE.

But I had a decent breakfast and ignored the devil on my shoulder and got solid results. Looking at the efforts, I did have a higher HR for most of them, but I also had cadence that was higher too. That all follows with my general training experience and seemed to be a benefit overall. I ignored HR in the moments, but did watch power in the medium and long segments to keep on track.

I set myself power targets for both. Was aiming for 360 watts (158% of FTP) for the medium one and got 373 (164%) for an 8% improvement. Really happy with my pacing, had a nice flat top to the power graph for that segment.

For the longer one I was after 260 (114%) and got 261 (115%) for a 9% improvement. It was OK, but not as good as the other one.

The 7% improvement on the sprint was a bonus. I didn’t set PRs, though. My PR there was draft-assisted.

1 Like

Awesome work and implementation there. Ditto on my sprint being “slow” compared to aero race bikes, drafting and boosts.

I had a nice PR on the medium segment. The sprint start caught me off guard…had higher power but a slower time. On the long segment, my time was about 30 sec quicker than the baseline ride but no where near my PR which was set in a race in a group of about 10 drafting up the volcano. For the most part I found the zwift academy workouts pretty lack luster and boring compared to TR.

2 Likes