You know your training is really coming together when

…after a hard workout you find yourself casually perusing the ‘Events’ tab on BikeReg…

10 Likes

when I don’t get dropped in group rides.

7 Likes

I’ll let you know when it happens

12 Likes

When I see the faces of my riding buddies when I ask, shall we continue?

8 Likes

When you think your power meter is out of whack… how can I be turning these numbers?! (Also valid when you’re off form!!)

11 Likes

You look forward to over-unders. No?

9 Likes

…your friends invite you to do a 30km fatbike ride after you’ve done your intervals and you reply, “Sure, I can do a recovery ride this afternoon.”

7 Likes

I haven’t been doing trainerroad long enough to find out, coming to a close in my second phase of base mv2. I really hope I see some serious gains when I got out to race this spring, or all this time suffering indoors and passing up outdoor rides would be a complete waste of time. :grimacing::joy:

Be sure to keep with TR for race season or you can lose what you have built. Keep realistic goals for what you hope to see. I could tell that my overall depth I could draw from has grown over the years.

For the OP … when your easy run is 30 seconds faster pace than you expected.

… when you don’t want to die before you get on the bike after the swim leg.

… when you can climb the big hill at the start of the race, be with the front pack, and stay there!

You finish Mary Austin and wish there was one more set of intervals.

8 Likes

When i feel it is time to Ride the Alp and go for a PR attempt :joy:

2 Likes

Some always has to be silly, don’t they. :wink:

When roadies get visibly mad that they are getting dropped by someone on a mountain bike

8 Likes

It happened to me one golden afternoon…

1 Like

You cannot fall asleep at night and cannot wake up in the morning

2 Likes

did this the other day and was shocked at how well it went. I went five minutes under my most optimistic estimated time. It’s working…

1 Like

you find yourself screaming at the screen after a hard interval workout, “Come on Chad, is that all you have?”

2 Likes