WWDD - 2022 Disaster Day!

That’s the attitude!

1 Like

Why doesnt it show “Achievable/Productive/Breakthrough” etc?

3 Likes

I have no real idea… other than a guess that TR has not really included the D versions into their normal workout processes. The original one was there partly as a curiosity by Coach Chad, and not meant as something to really do.

They were great about adding in the -1 & -2 versions that Cameron and I made, so they were easier for people to access for this event period. But I think they still fall outside of what TR considers “regular” workouts that should have those ratings.

2 Likes

I wonder if @IvyAudrain could get them rated. Probably Achievable, right?

Although a few years ago Coach Chad did say that nobody should ever do Disaster…

4 Likes

Just a guess, but I imagine that a workout that goes through every power zone can’t be classified, e.g. if you have a high endurance PL and a low VO2 max PL, the endurance portion might be achievable, but the VO2 max one might be a breakthrough, so how would you classify the workout as a whole?

3 Likes

The rating is ‘Deceased’, actually. :skull: :laughing:

For real though, I’ll look into this.

35 Likes

In for participating again this year.

I did -2 last year to break myself into it gently

Will be doing -1 this year

Can’t wait :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I think I’m actually going to do it this year :scream:

55 Likes

Me too!

44 Likes

Pleasantly Surprised GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Needless to say… this announcement will kick the WWDD to uh 'nuther levul !!!

23 Likes

Group workout with the TR team!

7 Likes

I’m game for -2 in December!

3 Likes

The “goals” for disaster

3 Likes

Okay checked with the team on this one. In order to have a difficulty rating, workouts need Progression Levels, and we chose not to give workouts like Disaster Progression Levels because the values the model assigned were nonsensically high (far above 10). Workouts like Disaster also include portions that would otherwise themselves be full workouts in multiple zones. Thus, we can’t categorize them as falling within just one zone or another.

Finally, these workouts are meant as novelty challenges, not as a productive part of your everyday training. They are basically “Not recommended” for anyone. :laughing:

37 Likes

I’m traveling in the latter half of December but I’ll do it the weekend of 3 or 10!

December update: I just picked up the rona, so no Disaster for me this season :sob:

1 Like

I did it last year. It’s a beast. I had to take a few cramp breaks :man_facepalming:

I would be down to help @zwillis1 if needed, but if you do it on Dec 17, I might not be able to participate on the actual day. I’m pretty sure I’ll be driving to my parents for Christmas. I can still help with anything you need though and just do my workout on a different day.

2 Likes

33 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

Easy fix…

19 Likes

Sounds awful. I’m in.

10 Likes