What workout did you do today? (2023)

I had Beacon -3 in my calendar tonight, a low level threshold work out. It felt spot on for that, in the hard but very doable category. I’m quite pleased with how it cadence wise particularly the last 2 stepped up minutes of the last two blocks. Things were just flowing smoothly (rather than a doable grind) and I was in the ‘zone’ I’ve not felt that for a while until this week.

8 Likes

New FTP of 305! I’m liking that I’m getting to the point where I can tell where I cross threshold.

9 Likes

Three Sisters -2 Threshold 3.2

Did this one last week and substituted this weeks 90 min workout with it to see how it felt in comparison.

Marked as very hard last time, it was more a mix of moderate/hard one this time with the extra push at the end (volcano descent!), else it would have been a moderate for sure. Will rate hard to keep progress steady.

Just some trail runs before being back on the bike next week. Feeling quite fresh so all good :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nothing special

9 Likes

Recovery ride today…

5 Likes

Still pretty fatigued after the race on the 11th, following the recovery in the plan:

Pettit for an hour after work today

6 Likes

Another chill day, Recovery until late next week, final block before April’s A race.

7 Likes

Short and punchy ride not far away from home just to test my new MAAP kit. Superb jacket, terrible chamois.

5 Likes

Andrews, and it gave me a +1.1 which I think might just be because I’m exhausted and my HR was high

Still fatigued from the big effort last weekend, busy week, then worked 12-4 last night so hopefully this was the worst of it. Going to try to get in a nap tomorrow and really focus on recovery this week so my event next weekend isn’t a slog.

6 Likes

Last interval workout before a forced medical break after next week. Feeling relatively strong at the end of this block although these were relatively tame intervals

7 Likes

4 hours on the trainer… Another week or two and I’m hoping these Saturday rides are back to all outside.

7 Likes

Pedals turn with force,
Hyper beastmode cycling on,
Wind cannot keep up.

8 Likes

Another easy one.

5 Likes

Longest TR workout I’ve ever done, with only a single break between The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, and followed by a one hour brick run. I can’t wait until I can at least do these outside. My ass is gonna be sore for days.

12 Likes

2hr+ Trail run (22km)
Friday: Good way to end the working week with a slow trail run, chance to clear the head… some wind and showers but really enjoyed the route.

Saturday: Nothing done on Saturday as we went to the Outdoor Expo at the NEC UK. Picked up some little bits of kit.

2hr Trail run (16km)
Sunday: Nice zone 2 run with the other half, destination was a Sunday breakfast in the pub :slight_smile:

Managed the target 6hrs+ trail running and 2hrs TR workouts on the bike, seems to be going well this March, as long as I take at least one and do try for 2 rest days a week.

2 Likes

Waking up the legs with an easy ride, before a hard one tomorrow.

6 Likes

Middle of the road hard on this one, threshold/tempo intervals.

Legs were a little dead and cranky waking up at 5:30 and on the bike by 6:00

6 Likes

I did my Vo2max, Bashful +1, on the flat RGT Tempelhof Airport virtual course so I could focus more on cadence. It was working until the 2nd or 3rd last interval of the 2nd block then the gear changes started to get sloppy. On the last interval of the 2nd block I found out why. The gear cable was about to snap! I was glad I was on a flat course then but it slowed everything down cadence wise. I’ll need to check my spares but it looks like a trip to the bike shop for a Campagnolo gear cable instead of the endurance/familiarity ride on the TT bike tomorrow :roll_eyes:

20230321_220359

6 Likes

West Vidette for 45 at lunch and an unstructured outdoor ride on a nice 60f day.

6 Likes

Last easy ride before 3 days of big volume!

7 Likes