What workout did you do today? (2022)

Thank you, @Pbase ! I feel better after eating. Have a super weekend. Hope it is not too hot in your part of the world!

3 Likes

Had Geiger +1 (4x12 @88-94%). Got out early from work so went outside. Workout ended up being a little different. Intervals of 7:30, 12, 7/6 (only a minute in between waiting for a light), 12, 11. So got my time in at/around 90% so I’d call it a successful workout.

7 Likes

The first three intervals I was all like “oh yeah, this is moderate, no biggie”. Then interval 4 was roooough, and the 5th was buh-rutal! I think the standing in the third interval really spent me, because I just fell off a cliff after that one. No matter, it’s done!

5 Likes

Warlow +1

@runriderandi same workout for me this morning! Well done on yours!!!

8 Likes

Mock 70.3 triathlon for me (with a longer swim and as I’m prepping for an Ironman, I selected a workout using my expected Ironman wattage during the bike)…

9 Likes

That’s a solid effort. Swim pace is great!! And the run pace!! Heck, the whole thing is solid!!!

2 Likes

Thanks - super pleased given that this was part of a standard week, I. E. No taper etc. Plus, was finished by 2pm and haven’t been wrecked all day, which was a secondary goal of mine.

2 Likes

Done my first 100 KM virtual ride !

7 Likes

Carson +2

Rated it Medium but I’ll take a somewhat easier day as I need to shuffle next week’s schedule and do my VO2 workout tomorrow.

8 Likes

Merced

5 x (5 x 40 / 20 @ 135%). That was tough. Felt that in the legs as much as the lungs. The 20-second rests were just enough to keep heart rate under control. Rated it as Hard. I probably could have done another set but it would have been a struggle.

7 Likes

So I skipped the rest interval on Friday for the 2x23 and felt great. Did OUs on Saturday which was quite hard. Took Sunday off. Did Tuesday’s workout today and wham, that was very hard! 16mins at the same percent as Friday’s workout and a minute break in between and it was so much harder. My body still can’t seem to stack days of workouts without suffering immensely. I hope that comes back soon…

10 Likes

What am I missing? It looks like you absolutely nailed that workout, but have a “failed” survey.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t understand that either. I marked it as very hard. Could that be why?

First triathlon of the season just over a week ago. Bike leg time is about par for what I usually do on this course. Big take away was I felt better than normal at T2 and the run start. :slight_smile: Found that the Stryd pod I use while run training was being used as the bike power meter on my Garmin watch. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: So that data got a bit skewed. Fortunately I also use my 520+ which has never paired with the Stryd… but I started it before leaving my house so it captured my highway car driving, lol. Trimmed the activity on Garmin Connect and things look like above.

Then spent a week on-call for work Nothing happened but I’m always extra stressed thinking about what if I get called, especially overnight. This caused my sleep to suffer. Additionally got sucked back into my video gaming problem which also impacted sleep. Now my sleep schedule is all messed up.

AT made no recommendations going into this workout. It was going good until it didn’t. Third interval cadence started to drop. ERG mode. Kept it going except for 2 quick backpedal breaks. Ooof!

Hoping back on the training wagon. Lots of outside runs incoming as the temps are rising. Hoping to get some natural heat adaptation before IM Steelhead 70.3 race that is just under 2 weeks away.

10 Likes

vo2max after covid; making a comeback! lol, I hope

6 Likes

I’ve always loved this style workout!

My friend just told me that USA Cycling is doing a 12 month rolling race license, and it’s new. But I looked it up online and can’t find anything. I’m excited to potentially race this year instead of next year :scream: we will see!

9 Likes

I keep trying to start my workout early enough to do an hour long one, but I keep getting waylaid and ending up with barely 30 minutes. Today I at least tried to make the 30 minutes count:

This is one of those ones with an intimidating name (rattlesnake) but it actually was not that bad.

Yesterday, I wanted to do a long easy ride, but settled for:

And Monday, I did a little threshold:

Hopefully, I will get a full hour long one in tomorrow!

10 Likes

San Cristobal. Did first interval felt like quitting. Did the next two. Okay I can get 6 done. Got past 6 and sucked it up and finished.

13 Likes

Pickering

1 x 20 at threshold with three brief 30-second “rests” at 90% followed by a bunch of 4-minute efforts at threshold with 1-minute proper recoveries. I added one more to finish getting up the virtual Alpe.

10 Likes

Classic! Great job.

1 Like