What workout did you do today? (2021, part 2)

Failed Anthony yesterday because I just didn’t want to keep going:

Possibly taking three days off for the vaccine and coming back with VO2max was a bad idea, but I made up for it with Brooks today:

Dropped my cadence a little for a couple because there was something about climbing drills in the workout description. Felt both uncomfortable and like I could go for a while longer, sweet spot strikes again.

8 Likes

Ramp test 259-265. Followed it with Taku, as usual.

That puts me up 19 W since I started using the PM in February. Feels pretty good.

(I probably ought to email support about that -0.9 adjustment shown there on Taku)

6 Likes

I did Smith -2 outdoors inside tonight on RGT round Canary Wharf I upped it for virtual sprints slightly but I kept the cadence down so I could hear the radio, it was too hot to spin fast anyway :joy:

6 Likes

Tinker +2. Who calls 8 minutes at 105% Threshold! LOL

9 Likes

Was planned for yesterday but was busy to made it up today. Added 6% after the warm-up to account for ERG reactivity resulting in average power lower than the target for the sprints. Ended up averaging the original target power or slightly higher on 8 of 9 intervals. Overall not too difficult but these are my favorite types of workouts.

6 Likes

Obelisk was in my plan tonight, it was a lovely night, so I took it outside. I ended up going further south than I meant to, so I repeated it.

6 Likes

Got to two reps at 200lbs on deadlifts this morning. Goal is 5x5@225lbs.

“…Friends may come and go. But 200 pounds is always 200 pounds.” Henry Rollins.

6 Likes

Up at 3:45am to eat and get in 2 hours before work.

Threshold followed by endurance. Garfield, then Sidole.

9 Likes

Guess it was a bad idea to bump up SS levels to 11.3 just before starting base. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10 Likes

I did my own little Olympic race since I didn’t get invited to the real one:

9 Likes

And here I felt all special with a 2 hour ride. Five hours! Good on you man.

Hunter -4 :call_me_hand:t5::facepunch:t4:

5 Likes

Mount Grant. First Threshold workout in the experimental Polarized Plan for AT.

Was a bit skeptical about being able to accomplish it. Level was “Not Recommended” but it was set by AT so I think it thought I could do it. It was hard but doable.

Happy but many more threshold workouts in this block

8 Likes

Crane +1. Another early morning workout down.

8 Likes

Nice :sunglasses::muscle:t2:

1 Like

Me in the last minute of my third 20 min threshold interval:

7 Likes

Ha!

So your eyes glow like a motor’s lights?

1 Like

Sweet Spot can be fun! Knocked this out while watching the women’s Olympic triathlon race. Sucked down a bottle of SuperFuel and some water. It really didn’t feel hard, but the 3rd interval got me a little during a drink causing a breathing spike. Recovery Week with a sprint tri on Wednesday, lol.

8 Likes

Good luck on your sprint tri.

1 Like