What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

I took on Warlow last SA and it was the first threshold workout I’ve had in sometime. I got through it and then woke up Sunday with my parasympathetic nervous system ruling and crushing the SNS. Elite HRV says I’m either fighting an infection or I am in deep recovery. Checking my blood O2 saturation indicates the later. In fact, I’ve never seen Elite HRV rate me so highly parasympathetic. I still threw over for a half hour of easy. I was planning to do the same on Monday but EHRV still said I was in recovery mode. So I skipped the supplemental work. Today EHRV had smack dab in the middle perfectly balanced between SNS vs. PNS dominance, I slept well, and felt well.

I took today off (from the 925 jo-job) for an eye exam and other such chores, but not from the WOD which was Carillon. I never done this workout before but none of the prescribed power was over my threshold and since I’ve done 20 minute sweet spot efforts in the past I wasn’t too phased. I threw over and did the workout. A sirloin was cooking in the sous vide pot and I had fresh vegetables, garlic bread, and some cab sauv ready to for dinner.

Carillon:

17 Likes

Washington +2 to wrap up traditional base. Rest of the week super easy and a ramp next Tuesday :crossed_fingers:t4:

I do the TR&Zwift method and for some reason I lose 1% on the zwift files :man_shrugging:t3:

14 Likes

I started build phase last week. I really struggled today with Joe Devel. I did do some leg strength training exercises yesterday which may have slowed me down today. But I’m struggling with this. I’ve done build phase before and I don’t know if I want to do it again.

20 Likes

Carillon looks good, but dinner sounds better! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

1x90@90%

24 Likes

3x20 Sweetspot this morning

21 Likes

I was wondering whether such a workout existed recently. Closed I have seen is Polar Bear +1. Great effort!

Free ride 60

Recovery ride for me with a little opener to keep legs primed.

Fang Mountain +1 next on the calendar

14 Likes

Sweet Spot this morning. I seem to be building back up nicely. Nice and steady will win the race. Onwards :+1:

17 Likes

Mills as part of SSB2LV . Weirdly enjoyed it, although I had to stop straight after the last set to help the Mrs shovel snow off the driveway, so got an extra 30 mins of bonus cardio :crazy_face:

19 Likes

Nothing radical today…good ol’ Pettit but I chucked on 30 mins extra at 65% FTP to get some more time in Z2 today as I had time. My trainer decided to play up for 30 secs or so in the last 10 mins :expressionless: but managed to rectify itself. Will do some more mobility work later (one of my goals to build the habit of doing so in 2021 as I have been very poor in this area before!).

Taylor -2 tomorrow.

16 Likes

Carter, plus a bit extra.

12 Likes

Echo -1

15 Likes

join the ‘More Sweet Spot’ Team, and there are a pile of SS workouts that were built for that group. Ranging from 3x10 all the way up to 1x180!

4 Likes

Tried a 90 minute 6x10 version of Lamarck but 5x10 was all I had today between the ears. Not like me to lack the motivation to grit it out but brain pulled the plug. Pushed the curve from 0:25-1:00. Leconte and Wright peak next two days due to weekend travel plans. We’ll see if I make it.

It was also my first time using workout creator and I realized i should not have copied and pasted the last interval as coach Chad told me it was my last interval three intervals straight! That’s some evil mind games.

15 Likes

@PusherMan great work1

Recovery period, day 3, session 2 was Pettit…or how Nate says it Pet-tit :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Sticking with the “only Z2 while indoors for now” plan. :slight_smile:

From yesterday evening:

13 Likes

Donner. Felt pretty good - even to the point of bumping up the last interval a little. I figure you have to nudge it when you can, because I sure as sugar won’t be doing that when Mary Austin comes around.

14 Likes

4x8 turned up to 110% for the first and then 108% for the last 3, with 3 RBI. That was unexpected. It was hard at times, but never in doubt apart from the last couple of minutes, which got a bit dark.

19 Likes