What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

:joy:

Yeah, I had overcomplicated this piece of kit in my mind :joy: Thank you.

Whereas I’ll take O/U any day of the week :smiley:
I mean, check your HR. Are you sure you’re even working there! :rofl:

I use a wifi plug set. Works a treat, and integrates with google Home and alexa
<pant, alexa, turn off the fans>

2 Likes

Last day of de-load for SSBLV part one on to part two next week…

11 Likes

haha, my max HR is only about 176 so that’s higher than it might seem. I always wonder about having such a low max HR, feels like i’m missing a gear physiologically or something…

2 Likes

Nothing was in my calendar for today but the fog that was predicted to last all day was gone before I got out of bed and the grey skies lifted into blue by mid morning so I slotted the default lunch hour session into my calendar.

344757_poster_l

Changed my route to make it circular and avoid the dual carriageway but it gets me back to civilisation (traffic lights then speed tables) a few minutes too early and the quiet roads for the cool down are connected by a muddy footpath/ access road :thinking: If I linked it by an even longer and busier dual carriageway it would be almost perfect time wise if I got a green wave like to day :thinking::exploding_head:

7 Likes

Another failed one. I feel not good and decided to reset, take two days off, retest FTP (I had Covid and think I’m still weak/not where I was before) and start over again.

Went for an easy jog to clear me head…felt nice to be outside and breath some air…

10 Likes

Tallac for me - https://www.trainerroad.com/app/career/bobw/rides/95334324-tallac Just towards the uncomfortable end of steady :wink: Can’t compare it to last year’s effort as I was recovering from a cold and bailed just into the second interval.

Some steady outdoor riding over the weekend then it’s recovery week.

7 Likes

Carpathian Peak +2. That came so close to breaking me it was untrue - last two minutes of the final interval were just agony. Early night coming up!

15 Likes

It was still pretty tough after a day at work :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

275 PRs pretty much covers it. New FTP = 317W. SS90 just became SS85 :partying_face:

This is the end of a slightly short recovery week. Tomorrow a club ride. Next week some tests. WKO5 is having a little trouble with my data: FRC and mFTP are flip-flopping. I must feed the curve max efforts.

In 2017, maxHR was 192bpm, In 2019, it was 188bpm. Now it’s 187bpm and I’m older, or … :thinking:

16 Likes

That one looks fun, just added it to my favorites to give it a try sometime. I just browsed through all the Tempo and SS workouts to find somewhat similar ones, but Needham seems to be pretty unique. The Carillon workouts have surges, but the SS intervals are broken up a little bit, could think of it as the precursor to Needham. The Deerhorn workouts fall under threshold, but also have 30s surges.

2 Likes

Monitor +1 yesterday evening, originally scheduled for Thursday, but with work and kids, time just got away from me, so Thurs became my rest day instead of Friday for this week. First three intervals at my regular cadence, then started paying attention to the workout cadence instructions. SS is my favorite, no problems with this, feels like I could just keep going another hour or two. I think HR goes up a bit because I only have one fan (the Vacmaster) on, have to dig out another fan.

12 Likes

1x90 turned into a FTP test.

Nice to see that 3 weeks ago today I died to get 271 on a ramp test and now I can hold more

14 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Getting ready for an easy week while on stay at home orders

10 Likes

For me I find a non ERG 20min test lets me perform better too. Nice one :+1:

2 Likes

Galena +3

Plus a little extra chasing a Zwift PR up the Innsbruck KOM Reverse.

12 Likes

Tallac +4, legs felt good so I was able to increase the last intervals by 1 and 3%, last hard workout in SSB HV2 so hoping for a decent increase in FTP to get me closer to where I was in spring.

11 Likes

Baxter -1
Had a rest day, then a light spin on Baxter (kept it around 60-65%) and today a session of Pettit. Today is the first day I found that my cadence returned to normal levels for me. Had a few minutes at FTP, so not to forget what that feels like, all was good. Will either have another rest day tomorrow or light spin before doing a couple of workouts to finish off SSBMV1 next week.

Also after all these wees of messing around I might just turn down FTP. Next time I increase it, I will ensure its an earn ramp test value, it’s been a while!.

14 Likes