What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

Felt good yesterday, and decided that this morning Baird+2 would get converted to Baird+4

I still can’t believe how high my HR stayed during those 15 mins of Z2 :expressionless:

14 Likes

Repeating last week’s planned workouts after being sick. I pushed my plan by a week, and did some easy workouts instead. Back at it today. Felt good. Did some in/out of the saddle drills during the endurance section at the end at every full minute.

12 Likes

Yesterday should have been Leavitt +2, but I like to do a longer ride on Sundays if I can. I went out and did the same route as last Sunday, nice and mostly flat, temperature was 2-5C, and 60-70% bike paths. I targeted 240W for the upper end of Z2. Ended up a little over that on the last stretch, but all in all tried to just keep power output nice and steady, 3.5 hours at an average of 243W

Today is normally a rest day, but decided to hop on the rollers for 45 min as a lunch break, easy Z2.

9 Likes

This was a jarring start to the week:

After the 3 min VO2 max intervals last week, I thought these 90 second baby interval would feel better … I was wrong. :rofl:.

10 Likes

Geiger +1

Yay! New trainer arrived today, a H3 silent trainer. Can just hear the chain and fans now! Great to be back on the workout wagon!
Think I had some weekend fatigue from my ventures outside in the real world, needed that last rest interval. Hopefully ‘week off’ won’t effect my last week doing SSBmv1, back to where I started last Monday.

12 Likes

Ebbetts

First workout after a 20w bump in my FTP. Was a little challenging, but doable. By comparison , workouts at 240 FTP were starting to feel pretty easy.

13 Likes

Mills. Really don’t look fwd to Spencer +2 next week

12 Likes

AM Early
3 x 24 minutes progressive
Interval 1. two splits, 2 half hard than the first half
Interval 2. one split, Steady state
Interval 3, three splits, 88, 90, 92%

PM
6 mile run

12 Likes

Pretty much hit my goal on what I wanted to try and hold for the 20mins and a 4 watt boost :smile: .

16 Likes

Whiteside +2. 4x20 @ 88% + 1x45 @91%. Inserted this into week 5 of SSB1MV to load some TSS as I’ll be out of town after Wednesday.

I ain’t going to lie, I’m super proud of this effort. 2:05 of SS work, first attempt at anything longer than a 25 minute SS interval and pushed my power curve from 21 min to 2:45. Hope to see some gains in next ramp test.

15 Likes

New week, new challenges. I tweaked this slightly because I thought the six minute recoveries between sets was a bit too much. I tend to get cold and then the first interval is a shock to my system.

This was a great way to start the week. Love workouts like this. :+1:

12 Likes

Dumpster Fire (aka Mills +2)

I guess attempting that on only four hours of sleep was a poor choice. Ok, off to work.

12 Likes

Some more over/unders. Was up early so this one was a little longer than my normal before work sessions

11 Likes

Geiger +2. I think it’s safe to say that if I can do an interval 10W over ftp and not even reach my LTHR my ftp is up. This is my last working week though before I get some respite.

7 Likes

5x15 90% to start then ramped up to 97% for the final interval.

Craving a recovery week, but going to dig deep this week and finish it off with disaster on Saturday! :fire:

11 Likes

Squeezed the out doors version of Carter into my lunch hour.

I decided to go for an out and back route sticking to less muddy bigger roads. I maybe should have stuck to a circular route as it’s less of a squeeze of my lunch hour :thinking:

7 Likes

Taylor - 2 today, felt good so just kept nudging up the power…

Probably does little for fitness, but a good boost in confidence!

9 Likes

They all count!

6 Likes

Squeezed in an outdoor endurance / tempo ride. It was supposed to be a group ride but I showed up and there was no group (didn’t check for a cancellation email).

5 Likes

Baxter -2

Some fat burning Zone 2 stuff :slight_smile:

7 Likes