What’s the scoop on having your name on your bike?

Even if you don’t post it on social media. I had several friends have their entire collection of bikes stolen out of their garages in the LA area based on Strava recon and these were older guys who aren’t on Instagram/don’t post bike pics.

1 Like

Well then I guess back to the OP, it would benefit to have your name on your bike then :star_struck:

:man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::man_facepalming:t3::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just got some from here. Look OK but I haven’t put them on any bike yet. Nice touch they threw in a sheet of pre-cut clear for cable rub spots.

No one wants my bike #onecarefulowner :crazy_face:

I imagine its similar to having your name on the back of a football shirt. Gets a point when you are 45 and it just looks sad.

I got them for my race bike, just to give it some love! She was looking concerned that I was thinking about replacing her soon with a younger model!

2 Likes

Stickers make you go faster, yo! :sunglasses:

1 Like

+1 for VeloInk.com. You’ll even find the TrainerRoad logo among the vast personalization options.

1 Like

I’m a Brit living in Norway and am tempted to get some if only so that in a race, competitors will see the British flag and not expect me to instantly understand something shouted in rapid, panting Norwegian😅

4 Likes

Question for y’all does the name sticker go on the drive or non-drive side of the bike (where the top and seat tube meet)?

We have team stickers, not individual name stickers. And I find that they are quite neat so that people know who-is-who when you train with others.

I got some in 2011. I bought like 20, just because the seller had it priced that if you’re going to buy 2, you may as well get 20. Anyways, installed 2 on my pretty Generic 2011 Tarmac, and the other 18 are still unused.

I figure: 1) makes my generic bike a little less so (but yes, I could have put any sticker on for that), 2) could be useful if my bike is misplaced in a crash or some hotel storage/post event parking etc.

I had two on my main bike a couple of years ago. Don’t use them anymore though. Thought t was a neat idea, but also:

Had one sneakily on the underside of the bottom bracket, JUST IN CASE someone walked off with it and thought they could peel off the top tube sticker and claim ignorance

I think so that it is readable from drive side would be typical. On the plus side, I don’t think Velominati (yet) have any rules about this one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wow. I never thought about it that way. I would really benefit from that. Ok. Everyone should have one. Now! :grin:

Everyone on my team has the same helmet and a most of the same bike, so name decals work nicely. Plus as @STP said, I can cheat when I forget someone’s name on a group ride or at a race if they have a decal.

1 Like

Was a friend’s idea; basically that peeps need to loosen up a bit, especially where I’m at in South Florida ego levels are up there.

Ps I also got helmet stickers just don’t know where on the helmet they should go. I have the poc ventral. Ordered these from Bicistickers, was the cheapest option for most amount of stickers.

2 Likes

I got the same ones, I put one on the back of my helmet (Smith Trace)

Cool
Straight on the back or off to the side… can you please post a pic maybe