What do you do with your wedding ring while riding a bike?

I don’t know, maybe I haven’t thought about this enough, but I wear mine all the time. I only ride road, so maybe not as much risk of that sort of injury. Mostly I just forget that it’s there.

I’ve never worn mine for riding. Or any other athletic (run, golf, weigh lifting) or manual labor activity. I think that comes from growing up around machinery where wearing any kind of jewelry was dangerous and could lead to serious injury. I also find that it can pinch and be uncomfortable at times.

I leave mine safe at home to avoid loss or theft. My wife has no issues and does the same for similar activities.

Hmmm Thanks everyone for replies.

It looks like I have following options for my ring:

1. Wear it always
  2. Leave it in my house when I go a bike ride
  3. Replace for stretchy one such as a silicone band
  4. Necklace (I thought this was the popular option but apparently it’s minority)

I will think of what to do with my ring…
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Bazillion times yes on this one. Both of us use Groovlife rings and best thing since sliced bread. I never where my other one anymore and my wife only wears hers for gatherings, etc.

I do way too much riding, working on cars, home projects, carrying stuff, etc. to be messing around with a hard band. My other one is titanium and carbon fiber wound. God forbid I did something that swelled my finger. The silicone ones are waaaay safer for people that are active. Same for my wife, she rides, races, gardens, and helps with home renovation projects we do. Don’t want her walking around with a diamond and platinum ring on when schlepping demo’ed drywall down the stairs.

3 Likes

Yup. Silicone rings for less than $10 on Amazon, with next day shipping in case you lose it.

1 Like

Take it off. The aero and weight penalty are unacceptable.

10 Likes

Just wear it. Put tape around it. Medical tape or a band-aid.

I just wear mine. Be careful after applying sunscreen - it’s like pure lubricant for a loose ring! Trust me, I’m on ring #2 after losing one on an open water swim after applying. Good thing my wife’s not sentimental that way…

I’ve the same problem, so I have it on a necklace I wear and that is always on me. However, prior the necklace trick I would remove it and stash it in a safe place before rides.

1 Like

Bit of a cheap wedding ring though… :stuck_out_tongue:

My ring fits perfectly - never comes off but easy to remove before bed. I was married for 20 years before getting back into road cycling, and so it feels weird when ring is off and I can’t feel it up against the handlebars. Ring on finger unless I’m going to lift weights after a warmup spin.

I have about 10 silicone rings to match whatever I wear, so yup. Today is pink band, pink scrub top, pink socks, purple and pink watch :sweat_smile:

My beautiful engagement ring and wedding band just collect dust until a nice evening out, which, well, COVID…

4 Likes

Being climbers and cyclists we both got tattoos. Unfortunately we think the tattooist was a little high and they are a bit wonky. Mine was light brown, but is now almost completely faded after 8 years and my husbands was dark brown and ‘bled’ so now looks like a DIY job…so can’t say I can recommend that option!

2 Likes

Pretty cool to renew your vows AND rings though!

My ring was designed with the stone set in the band because of riding/gym/generally being active (diamond set in titanium). It never caused any issues. It was too big at first but I had it sized and there was no risk of it coming off. I’d say correct size is key. Past tense because somebody (not me) cheated - it has been much harder to get used to not wearing it than it ever did to wear it.

My wedding ring can be a bit on the loose side, so I always leave by the side of my bed when I go out for a ride. Especially in warm weather when wearing short fingered gloves. I’m paranoid it will slip off when going fast over a rougher tarmac.

I haven’t worn mine for almost 10 years now. I constantly had to take it off for work and thus lost 2 of them. The 3rd one got too big on my finger after I lost weight. I finally decided: I know I’m married. She Knows I’m married. Why do I even need a ring?

I don’t wear mine, but I’m homely; it’s a moot point.
EDIT: I’ve seen people wear theirs in triathlons before. I would never. I’d feel so bad feeling it slip off in the water. 0% worth it to me.

I barely ever wear my ring. Only when I am going to a specific social event with my wife and she insists I put it on. Which is like, once or twice a year. With COVID I guess not at all.

I never even thought about it. I’ve been married 20yrs and quite honestly I have taken my ring off maybe 3 times.

I’m now intrigued of people mentioning silicone rings. Who knew! :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I never wear my wedding ring whilst cycling, just take it off and leave it safe at home.

1 Like