What car is this?

My long ride on Sunday goes through the western part of Austin, Tx. Beautiful rolling hill country, tons of million dollar mansions. I have a game where I count the number of high end sports cars on the road. Usually a tally of 2 or 3 Ferraris, a Lambo or two, a plethora of Porsches and sometimes an exotic I can’t identify. But Sunday I was in a residential area and saw a car approaching from the opposite direction, headlights on (overcast day). For a second I thought it was an old 240Z, but realized it was something older and far sleeker. I’m almost certain I saw a Ferrari badge, but I wasn’t close enough to be sure. I did a quick u-turn and chased up an incline, hoping to catch it at a stop light. I did, and managed a couple of pictures before the light changed and he took off. Deep, throaty V8 or bigger. Would love to know what it was

3 Likes

Ferrari 330 GTC

4.0 Liter V12
Designed by Pininfarina… so of course its a good looking car

10 Likes

Beautiful car, and glad it’s not another one of those “this driver got too close to me” posts

8 Likes

I would love for that car to run over me. I wouldn’t sue, I’d just take the car : )

If only I had a spare $600k
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ferrari/330gtc/2501292.html#&gid=1&pid=10

Makes a $13K S-Works seem down right affordable!

9 Likes

Was going to pick one up but I couldnt find a bike rack that fit the trunk

9 Likes

Right!! Me: Honey, can I get this car? Her: NO!!! Me: ok, how about this Colnago?

6 Likes

Growing up in amateur motorsports, bikes in general are a bargain. I’ve seen engines blow up that are what 4 x S Works would cost, and the owner pulls another one out of the trailer. This on top of the $500 entry fee, $1400 in tires for the weekend, $300 in race fuel, and everything else. Heaven forbid you crash, break the $8k transmission, etc.

Those Ferrari’s are beautiful and rare finds. Feel lucky seeing one!

5 Likes

Believe me, it made my day! The sound of that V12 when he took off - it was like when a WWII era fighter plane is overhead. You don’t have to look up, you just know from the sound that something really special is up there

4 Likes

Seasuckers and you are sorted :wink:

3 Likes

Seasuckers on a 54 year old Ferrari. Sounds legit :rofl:

1 Like

This is the dream :rofl:.
I absolutely freaking, love mini’s and have had three.

9 Likes

I would have killed for a Mini Cooper S, 6 speed stick when I vacationed in Ireland a few years ago. Tailor made for narrow twisty roads. Instead I got an underpowered 5 speed Opel. Although I tried repeatedly to shift it into 6th :rofl:

1 Like

I went basically straight into racing mini bikes for a reason. $150 set of tires last a season (those rich folk might buy three sets a year!), top end once a season at about $50, gas and good smoker oil about $20 a weekend. Oh yeah!

I have been trying hard to talk myself into a Miata. But another motorcycle is just hard to say no to, now that I don’t feel I need a car.

Good old Mike Levy :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s crazy how much money is out there. There is enough money in the paddock of the big vintage racing events (Road America in Juky, Watkins Glen September) to fund 30+ Conti teams.

2 Likes

You’ve got room for another bike on there :wink:

3 Likes

Is that your Fiat? It’s lovely!!

That chainring is nervously close :grimacing::rofl:

2 Likes

I wish it was. That’s in a cycling cafe about 40miles from here :slight_smile:

2 Likes