Want to create a build Plan to increase my FTP

I would like to work on increasing my FTP. Been doing Sweet Spot Base 1 Build Plan last 6 weeks to get ready for a Century Event in September that was just cancelled. Now want to switch to working on increasing FTP. One year ago before injury I was at 215 watts ( I am 65 years old, weigh 126 pounds and am 5’ 6”) and had no problem with endurance riding.
When I did the ramp test 6 weeks ago my FTP had dropped to 169 after being off bike for about 4 months do to broken ankle.
Anxious to now see what ramp test shows this Tuesday (June 9th) and want to switch to a new plan since I have no events this calendar year I am training for.
What do you suggest I go with?
thanks.

Sustained Power would be the most specific one to choose., as sustained power is long duration power meaning which goes hand in hand with FTP

2 Likes

Hi

I came back from having my hip replaced, (I am 55) I Used the MV General Power Build and using the century (Gran Fondo) Plans as this tends to be lots of Sweet spot work outs. You can still put in your Plan a Fake event you want to peak for in TR it usually assumes 28 weeks. for peaking for an A event This will give will give 2 Base training plans, then Build and then Specialization Phase. I did this from December last year FTP 180 , My FTP test 6 weeks ago was 240. I am testing tomorrow and hope to see another rise. :-)))

For clarity, you mean Sustained Power Build?

(I ask since Short Power Build is the same initials.)

1 Like

I want to ask this every time I see “SPB”. It bothers me so much.

2 Likes

Commonly overlooked issue.
ShPB or SuPB should be the default :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes