Video of my chain slipping off while sprinting today

Thanks a lot. P1 pedals, I honestly don’t know why I slipped out of them. I am going to double check shoes and pedals tomorrow, but I guess it was just because I was putting out 1000 w while sprinting up a bridge. Probably bad cycling technic as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well held!

1 Like

Absolutely terrifying - both times I’ve seen this before (myself at low speed but high torque and once a teammate in final sprint) was a worn chain ring - so user error, essentially. Having it happen on a relatively new chain ring is just scary. Likely worth sending back to Praxis to let them know (though I don’t know the company at all in terms of how responsive they’ll be to user feedback).

Praxxis asked me to call them. The chain had about 4 hours of riding on it! :scream:

1 Like

It would have been more impressive if you had of said you chain broke…better story… :slightly_smiling_face: good job holding it up

1 Like

TRIGGER WARNING PLEASE, I just broke my collarbone! LOL

2 Likes

How did this work out? I have had issues of losing my chain with low cadence/high power sprinting (1000-1500w from slow rolling starts, practicing for track) on 2 different SRAM 10 speed rings and I was looking at Praxis Buzz and Absolute Black as possible replacements for stiffer rings.

I know I should just use my track bike, but sometimes I want to do my sprint workout and go for an endurance ride without swapping bikes.